Senior UX Researcher
- 1021 E 7th St, Austin, TX 78702, USA
At Literati, we believe in the power of great books. We’re on a mission to curate transformative literary experiences for every reader: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, of any age. There are some stories no child should live without and no adult should ever forget.
Literati is looking for an exceptional individual to join our Product team as a Sr. UX Researcher to work on our core Kids product. You will serve as the impartial voice of our customers, always putting them first. You will use all forms of thoughtful research and apply it to company strategy, products, and services to help our growing base of literature obsessed users. You will use data to influence and evolve our customer journey and discovery process and help us fulfill our mission of bringing every customer the perfect books. This is a mixed-method role (qualitative and quantitative) but leans heavily quantitative.
WE’RE GOOD AT:
Bringing the fire. We are a startup, with all the fierce dedication and sparkling energy to accomplish great feats. Iron sharpens iron, and so we’ve refined our teams from only the strongest metals: open minds, bright ideas, and bold determination.
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Developing mixed method research studies that include the stakeholders in every step of the process from study concept to insight delivery
- Conducting generative and evaluative research that informs long-term product vision and discovers new business opportunities
- Partnering with Product and other key stakeholders to identify research topics and questions of interest that are relevant to the business
- Creating innovative and flexible research techniques that balance proven methods with experimentation
- Recruiting participants, managing participant incentives, organizing data collected from studies, and driving insight sessions with the project team
- Creating and maintaining complete, clear project plans for projects of moderate to large scope and complexity, keeping partners updated about schedules and deliverables
- Designing flows and wireframe experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Evangelizing research insights to a broad section of the company, including senior leadership, becoming the go-to expert for questions on user behavior
- Working with Product to establish best practices and scalable consulting processes to ensure that product teams can do tactical research with rigor
YOU WILL NEED:
- 4+ years of on Product teams, designing, running, and reporting on your own studies
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field OR comparable UX research experience
- Experience researching the end-to-end user experience
- To act as a thought leader in the domain of research
- A passion for children’s books and literacy
- Familiarity with a variety of research methods, at all stages of the product development process
- Excellent story-telling abilities and facilitation skills
- Excitement for working in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy—and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn’t a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.