- 1021 E 7th St, Austin, TX 78702, USA
At Literati, we believe in the power of great books. We’re on a mission to curate transformative literary experiences for every reader: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, of any age. There are some stories no child should live without and no adult should ever forget.
Literati is looking for an exceptional individual to join our Product team as a Content Designer to work on our core Kid’s product. You will write the words that attract, onboard, and engage our amazing community of readers. You will create content, continually improve it, and evolve our product voice and content standards. As the team’s first Content Designer, you will have an opportunity to help lead and define the future of product content for our rapidly growing Kid’s product.
WE’RE GOOD AT:
Bringing the fire. We are a startup, with all the fierce dedication and sparkling energy to accomplish great feats. Iron sharpens iron, and so we’ve refined our teams from only the strongest metals: open minds, bright ideas, and bold determination.
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Owning product copywriting for end-to-end user journeys across web and mobile experiences; everything from user flows, interactions, messaging, and microcopy.
- Developing and documenting the process for a new product writing practice that you’ll define.
- Partnering with Marketing to ensure the product content strategy works holistically with all channel content.
- Driving decisions with data, by planning, learning from, and iterating on content.
- Influencing the roadmap and contributing to high-level strategic decisions in collaboration with design, product, and engineering.
- Developing the content strategy that evolves our product experience to drive adoption, engagement, and retention.
- Explaining product concepts in simple, jargon-free language and voice.
- Standardizing content strategy and nomenclature.
- Finding and squashing messaging gaps in the product.
- Maintaining tone across all user touchpoints in alignment with other stakeholders and departments.
- Aligning product copy with the overall Literati Kids brand.
- Defining, tracking, and reporting on content metrics.
YOU WILL NEED:
- BA/BS degree in a related field
- 3 or more years of experience with product writing, creative writing, technical writing, or other forms of writing
- 3 or more years of experience working as a Product Writer, UX writer, or Content Strategist
- A willingness to manage multiple projects at once
- A love for reading and writing
- A passion for children’s books and literacy
- A relentless user focus
- A keen eye for detail in your work
- Project management experience, with the ability to work through ambiguity and manage competing priorities
- Attention to detail and commitment to high-quality, results-oriented output
- A willingness to learn anything you’re not an expert in now
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy—and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn’t a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.