Senior Backend Engineer
- 1021 E 7th St, Austin, TX 78702, USA
At Literati, we believe in the power of great books. We’re on a mission to curate transformative literary experiences for every reader: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, of any age. There are some stories no child should live without and no adult should ever forget.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, your focus and love for all things performance at-scale will permeate our cross-functional team. Your work will focus on our new product server architecture as it scales, so if you are interested in work that will be used by millions of people, then this could be a great opportunity for you to consider!
WE’RE GOOD AT:
Bringing the fire. We are a startup, with all the fierce dedication and sparkling energy to accomplish great feats. Iron sharpens iron, and so we’ve refined our teams from only the strongest metals: open minds, bright ideas, and bold determination.
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Building real-time, cloud-based web services and APIs that serve as the backbone for reliable/scalable applications;
- Collaborating with Product Owners, Engineers on both ends of the spectrum, and Quality Assurance to spec-out and build new endpoints;
- Implementing and documenting engineering processes and standards;
- Developing tests which ensure performance, quality, and scalability.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 5+ years experience defining and leading large-scale web application server architecture initiatives;
- Industry leading skills in API and Data Model design;
- Documented experience building high-throughput/high-volume data pipelines;
- Extensive experience/knowledge of real-time messaging service platforms at-scale;
- Ability to efficiently communicate architectural perspectives and monitor implementations across internal teams.
- Track record of successful delivery in an agile environment;
- Demonstrated experience with common tools such as Git, Clubhouse/Jira, etc.;
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Working with product owners/managers across the company, you’ll participate in sprint grooming, planning, retrospective sessions.
- Working with design, you’ll act as the expert in how we deliver world-class tailored experiences across our various platforms.
- Working with Engineering, you’ll incorporate your expertise into our overall Engineering craft to achieve efficient delivery of our software products to market.
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy—and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn’t a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.