Director of Engineering
- 1021 E 7th St, Austin, TX 78702, USA
At Literati, we believe in the power of great books. We’re on a mission to curate transformative literary experiences for every reader: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, of any age. There are some stories no child should live without and no adult should ever forget.
As a Director of Engineering, you’ll take on a multi-faceted lead role involving the scaling and growth in maturity of one of our core product teams as we work to deliver new compelling customer experiences. If you are interested in work that will be used by millions of people, then this could be a great opportunity for you to consider!
WE’RE GOOD AT:
Bringing the fire. We are a startup, with all the fierce dedication and sparkling energy to accomplish great feats. Iron sharpens iron, and so we’ve refined our teams from only the strongest metals: open minds, bright ideas, and bold determination.
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Inspiring a core team of software Engineers focused on consumer and internal products. Literati’s tech stack includes React, Next.js, Python/Django, Kubernetes, GCP, etc.;
- Holding software teams to a high standard of accountability for quality and timeliness of deliverables in an Agile environment;
- Participating in strategic planning sessions with our Chief Architect, CEO, and associated Product Owners;
- Building an Engineering culture driven by documentation and forward thinking around scalability/malleability of crafted solutions.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 8+ years of experience leading high-growth software Engineering teams + leaders;
- Solid track record of repeatable success creating best in class consumer experiences that are performant and can achieve significant scale;
- Effective/efficient communication of architectural perspectives plus monitoring implementations by the team;
- Love for developing talent through mentorship and coaching;
- Demonstrated experience with common tools such as Git, Clubhouse/Jira, etc.;
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Working with product owners/managers across the company, you’ll lead sprint grooming, planning, retrospective sessions.
- Working with Engineering, you’ll direct our overall Engineering craft to achieve efficient delivery of our software products to market.
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy—and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn’t a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.