- 1021 E 7th St, Austin, TX 78702, USA
At Literati, we believe in the power of great books. We’re on a mission to curate transformative literary experiences for every reader: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, of any age. There are some stories no child should live without and no adult should ever forget.
As an Inventory Accountant, you will play a crucial role in monthly financial reporting and accounting operations. You will own inventory and COGS reporting and exercise extreme ownership principles, rolling up your sleeves on a daily basis. You’ll work cross-functionally to ensure COGS is being captured quickly and accurately, and work within the department to close the books quickly. Due to the fast-paced and high growth nature of the company, the candidate must be detail-oriented and have the ability to operate independently and effectively in a dynamic environment.
WE’RE GOOD AT:
Bringing the fire. We are a startup, with all the fierce dedication and sparkling energy to accomplish great feats. Iron sharpens iron, and so we’ve refined our teams from only the strongest metals: open minds, bright ideas, and bold determination.
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Ticking, tying, footing with perfection
- Building things, specifically processes and best practices in inventory accounting
- Working cross-functionally with other departments and business leaders
- Translating operational transactions into accounting entries
- Solving puzzles, balancing GL accounts, finding the needle in the haystack
- Driving projects forward quickly and efficiently
YOU WILL NEED:
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience at Big 4 public accounting firm
- Solid Excel skills with the ability to manipulate and interpret large sets of data
- CPA certification or equivalent practical experience
- Prior experience with inventory accounting
- Prior experience using NetSuite or a comparable system
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Work directly with Accounts Payable to ensure three-way match process functions seamlessly and to improve GL coding accuracy and inventory accruals
- Manage all Items/SKUs in NetSuite and associated integrations (Anvyl)
- Manage the various inventory workflows that record inventory and COGS
- Maintain inventory accounting reports that compare open POs, inventory receipts and invoices with adequate variance analysis
- Assemble balance sheet account reconciliations related to inventory and COGS analysis
- Support fulfillment center during monthly cycle counts
- Develop schedules and supporting documents as required by external auditors, compliance requirements or executive reporting
- Establish new operating and accounting procedures as the company launches new inventory sales channels
- Partner with Business Intelligence and Engineering teams to ensure inventory and COGS is reported accurately and appropriately
- Partner with Engineering teams on software and internal reporting of inventory
- Analyze income statement accounts, which will include all COGS related accounts
- Support timely external audit requests
- Lead physical inventory reconciliations and other ad hoc projects
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy—and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn’t a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.