Senior QA Engineer
- 1021 E 7th St, Austin, TX 78702, USA
At Literati, we believe in the power of great books. We’re on a mission to curate transformative literary experiences for every reader: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, of any age. There are some stories no child should live without and no adult should ever forget.
As a Senior QA Engineer you’ll work hand-in-hand with Engineers and designers in creating, executing, and iterating on our test plans; you’ll perform manual testing across the platform in addition to working with our QA lead to develop our automation practice. If you are interested in work that will be used by millions of people, then this could be a great opportunity for you to consider!
WE’RE GOOD AT:
Bringing the fire. We are a startup, with all the fierce dedication and sparkling energy to accomplish great feats. Iron sharpens iron, and so we’ve refined our teams from only the strongest metals: open minds, bright ideas, and bold determination.
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Performing manual testing to find defects while simultaneously ensuring our products meet design standards;
- Estimating, prioritizing, and planning any and all testing activities with the product owner for each sprint;
- Designing, writing and following test plans/test cases, and running tests across a multitude of devices and hardware (desktop & mobile -- web-based & native applications);
- Monitoring the various stages of the software development lifecycle to ensure the quality of our software products;
- Documenting defects and partnering with Engineers to debug issues.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 5+ years of experience working in quality assurance on software products;
- Strong background in testing on a multitude of web browsers in addition to iOS and Android devices;
- Extensive expertise working with automation frameworks and tools (Selenium, Appium, Postman, etc.);
- Deep understanding of how to create test data for both manual and automation testing;
- Expert level knowledge of how to write/update functional and technical documentation;
- Demonstrated experience with common tools such as Clubhouse/Jira, etc.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Working with product owners/managers across the company, you’ll participate in sprint grooming, planning, retrospective sessions.
- Working with design, you’ll develop a deep understanding of our design standards and ensure our various properties adhere to these standards.
- Working with Engineering, you’ll incorporate your testing expertise into our overall Engineering craft to achieve efficient delivery of our software products to market.
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy—and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn’t a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.