Sr Product Manager
- 1021 E 7th St, Austin, TX 78702, USA
At Literati, we believe in the power of great books. We’re on a mission to curate transformative literary experiences for every reader: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, of any age. There are some stories no child should live without and no adult should ever forget.
As a Sr Product Manager focused on building out our internal tools, you will play a crucial role in helping Literati keep up with the hyper-scale we’ve been experiencing. In this role, you will partner closely with internal stakeholders across teams in our Operations, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Accounting, Finance, and work closely with the Tools Engineering team to define, scope, and build these complex applications. Your unwavering belief that building exceptional internal tools will be our secret sauce that drives this company to new heights will be what gets you out of bed each and every day!
WE’RE GOOD AT:
Bringing the fire. We are a startup, with all the fierce dedication and sparkling energy to accomplish great feats. Iron sharpens iron, and so we’ve refined our teams from only the strongest metals: open minds, bright ideas, and bold determination.
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- A proven leader - you have a track record of building and launching new products and understand the requirements of complex application development.
- Data-driven. You believe that great data enables you and others to make better decisions and are comfortable defining the KPIs you need to track.
- Builder/Entrepreneur - Building and creating something new and groundbreaking is your jam.
- User experience obsessed - you go above and beyond to achieve elegant user experiences and strive for award-winning design.
- An accomplished Juggler. You manage competing priorities, and you make it look easy.
- Technical. You know how to effectively communicate with the business and translate the needs to the engineering team.
- Adaptable. You adjust to changes with ease and are up for a challenge.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Minimum of 5 years as a Product Manager for software products (internal or external facing)
- BS Degree in Computer Science or a similar technical degree. A master’s degree is a plus.
- Strong communication, planning, critical thinking, and organizational skills required.
- Must be able to analyze data, solve problems, make decisions, and continuously improve
- Well versed in agile development and its tools (Jira, Clubhouse, GitLab)
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Own the product roadmap and rapid iteration for all internal applications that we build and buy.
- Work closely with all department heads, UX Design, and Engineering to develop and launch new products.
- Take the time to deeply understand the needs of internal stakeholders to continuously improve the tools they use and thus make them more efficient.
- Ruthlessly ensure that we are delivering products on time without sacrificing quality.
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy—and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn’t a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.