Supply Planner / Buyer
- 1021 E 7th St, Austin, TX 78702, USA
At Literati, we believe in the power of great books. We’re on a mission to curate transformative literary experiences for every reader: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, of any age. There are some stories no child should live without and no adult should ever forget.
As a Supply Planner focused on the efficiency and transparency of our supply chain, you will play a crucial role in managing/creating purchase orders, communicating with publishing partners, ensuring timelines are maintained, and ensuring appropriate stock is ready for fulfillment to customers.
WE’RE GOOD AT:
Bringing the fire. We are a startup, with all the fierce dedication and sparkling energy to accomplish great feats. Iron sharpens iron, and so we’ve refined our teams from only the strongest metals: open minds, bright ideas, and bold determination.f
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Data management, organization, and transparency to department stakeholders
- Communication internally and externally to publishers
- Ability to manage ahead and proactively ensure visibility/timeliness of shipments
- Working efficiently in ambiguous environments that are constantly evolving
- Operate under pressure for tight turnaround and deadlines
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1-3 Years Experience in a buying/supply planning role
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher - ideally focused on manufacturing, supply chain, and/or business administration
- Fluid excel skills and experience to manage several documents and/or create solutions
- Data Analysis skills to make appropriate buying decisions
- 1-3 Years experience managing relationships with vendors externally
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
A standard day here will be working closely with the Sr Purchasing Strategist and Director of Supply Chain to ensure execution of orders, delivery timelines, and appropriate orders are executed and managed effectively. You will also communicate with multiple outside teams including fulfillment center teams, finance, design, curation, and product management to provide any relevant information they need. This can involve verifying inventory counts, reconciling receipts, launching new initiatives - all aspects tying back to our purchases. Executing orders will happen weekly across multiple products/order types - all based around profitability targets and delivery timelines. You will work in sync with our fulfillment center and demand planning team to ensure we have appropriate stock at all times. The ability to adapt to new tools and incorporate them into your workflow is important, as well as process analysis/improvement.
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy—and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn’t a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.