Sr DevOps Engineer
- 1021 E 7th St, Austin, TX 78702, USA
At Literati, we believe in the power of great books. We’re on a mission to curate transformative literary experiences for every reader: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, of any age. There are some stories no child should live without and no adult should ever forget.
Literati is looking for an exceptional individual to join our DevOps engineering team to help enable the continued growth we've been experiencing. In this role you will help to automate and streamline our engineering operations, troubleshoot and resolve issues in dev, test, and production environments, and design, develop, test, and deploy solutions as required. This position will work closely with other engineers on the team in order to maintain seamless integration of server-based components with the entire platform. The ideal candidate is someone who loves building and maintaining reliable and scalable systems, CI/CD tooling, and automating cloud-based applications.
WE’RE GOOD AT:
Bringing the fire. We are a startup, with all the fierce dedication and sparkling energy to accomplish great feats. Iron sharpens iron, and so we’ve refined our teams from only the strongest metals: open minds, bright ideas, and bold determination.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Designing and building a new code production pipeline.
- Troubleshooting production issues and coordinating with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Implementing automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Collaborating with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Conducting systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Developing and maintaining documentation of the systems you build.
YOU'RE GOOD AT:
- Getting things done.
- Thriving in a fast-paced environment where decisions are made on the fly.
- Being gritty & rolling up your sleeves whenever necessary.
- Juggling. You successfully manage competing priorities, and you make it look easy.
- Being a team player who has worked on diverse teams and knows how to communicate effectively.
YOU WILL NEED:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- 3+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- Experience working in containerized (Docker) environments
- Expertise in code deployment tools (Puppet, Ansible, or Chef).
- Experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- A strong command of software-automation production systems
- A deep understanding in software development methodologies.
- Proficiency in Python (or similar language) and git.
- Working knowledge of databases and postgreSQL
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy—and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn’t a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.