(WinmoEdge) Staff Writer
- 3098 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305, USA
Are you ready to work at Winmo?
- Build an exciting career in the SaaS, marketing technology and media industry with an award-winning, fast-growing company
- Experience a startup/agency culture but with the stability of a company who’s been in business for 20+ years (fun AND stable!)
- Work with some of the hottest agencies, media, martech and sports teams on the planet!
- Be a part of a company that has been recognized 7 times on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies, and a repeat honoree of the National Best & Brightest list, Atlanta’s Pacesetter Award and Best Places to Work (we’re not shy about bragging)
Our Atlanta-based WinmoEdge team seeks a Staff Writer and New Business Analyst. In this entry-level role, you’ll provide sales professionals with insight that helps them close deals at the nation’s top advertisers and emerging companies.
Our team serves media companies, marketing services providers, and the sports/entertainment industries. The position is ideal for highly motivated, detail orientated individuals with proven ability producing content under tight deadlines.
The Staff Writer & New Business Analyst will be responsible for researching target industries & companies, analyzing various financial & advertising data streams & producing six-to-eight daily sales leads.
If you meet the desired qualifications below, please submit your resume and up to five writing samples. We look forward to meeting you.
Essential Job Functions:
- Produce six-to-eight articles daily
- Identify & perform background research on potential client leads & related company executives in order to identify specific, timely opportunities for our clients to secure new business/revenue.
- Utilize third-party vendor information to paint a clear picture of a company/brand’s historical marketing/media spend to forecast & predict future spend so our clients can secure new business.
- In addition to regular article production, analysts will from time to time compile reports on industry trends, shifts, etc. as needed.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as Marketing for content purposes & Research to keep the database up to date.
- Edit the work of fellow staff writers & make any edits to your own writing as given by co-workers or the Managing Editor
- Write compelling, succinct & informative articles following approved WinmoEdge style guidelines (generally, AP Style).
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Assume Editor responsibilities as needed
- Includes managing daily article publishing when Managing Editor is out of office (oversee amount, type & frequency of articles published)
- Assist in product development & planning
- Assist other departments in writing or editing projects on an as-needed basis
- Other projects as requested by the Managing Editor
- Reaches daily, weekly & monthly goals
- Consistently generates content that engages our reader base as determined via quantitative & qualitative measures
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy & completeness in content originated
- Makes continuous & measured improvement in skills & knowledge required to meet the expectations of the position
- Deep collaboration between team members & customers, including maintaining relationships with clients to provide personalized insights when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Marketing, Business (or equivalent experience)
- Writing & editing talent
- Working knowledge of AP Style
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel
- Exceptional time management & organizational skills
- Analytical mindset & the ability to analyze news/information/data to provide actionable intelligence through the lens of marketing & advertising
- Passion for uncovering information, including the ability to reach out to gatekeepers to gain insight & information before other trade publications.
- Knowledge & interest in marketing, business news & advertising agency-related current affairs will be highly useful, as well as knowledge of new business development & agency structure.
- Ability to analyze spending & industry trends in order to predict future habits
- Advanced online researching skills (Boolean searches, search strings & other data query techniques) considered a strong advantage.
- 401k plans with company match
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Tax-free Flexible Spending Account
- Life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability
- Paid holidays, plus PTO & VTO (Volunteer Time Off)
- Paid parental leave
- Lots of employee engagement activities (company field days, happy hour, brewery tours and other fun team-building activities)
- Opportunities to join our community service initiatives; we’re aiming to impact 100,000 lives by 2020.