Senior Staff Accountant
- 419 Davis Dr, Morrisville, NC 27560, USA
We are a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of products that address unmet patient needs, with current focus directed towards the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).
Liquidia conducts research, development and manufacturing of novel products by applying its proprietary PRINT technology, a particle engineering platform, to enable precise production of uniform drug particles engineered to improve the safety, efficacy and performance of a wide range of therapies.
Our team members include some of the industry’s top scientists, clinicians, business strategists, engineers and pharmaceutical executives. We work together to help people lead longer, healthier and happier lives.
The Senior Staff Accountant will be an integral part of the finance and accounting team and report to the Corporate Controller. The Senior Staff Accountant maintains the financial books and records of the organization, applies GAAP, performs analytical work, performs a thorough review of monthly financial records, and executes financial control procedures to protect the financial assets of the organization. The Senior Staff Accountant demonstrates an understanding of process flows and controls within the department and organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day responsibility of preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for the month-end closing using NetSuite accounting software.
- Close books monthly for assigned accounts, correct, edit, and prepare summaries and reports as needed ensuring that all entries and summaries are clear, concise, and self-explanatory
- Review accounting documents to ensure accuracy of information and calculations and makes or directs correcting entries
- Track and recording daily bank activity
- Prepares amortization and depreciation schedules
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Assist with analyzing monthly financial statements and report on variances
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Assist in the documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Assist employees with financial requests and purchase order/contracting processes
- Coordinate requests from internal and external auditors
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Prepare special projects/reports as needed and substitute for other staff as needed or assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required with a minimum of 5+ years combined, experience in public accounting and/or pharmaceutical/biotech industry strongly preferred
- CPA and public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with employees at all levels
- Handle and prioritize multiple projects and changing priorities at a fast pace
- Ability to work on complex problems and perform in depth analysis
- Create reports that are easy to refresh and maintain despite multiple data sources
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.