- 419 Davis Dr, Morrisville, NC 27560, USA
We are a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of products that address unmet patient needs, with current focus directed towards the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).
Liquidia conducts research, development and manufacturing of novel products by applying its proprietary PRINT technology, a particle engineering platform, to enable precise production of uniform drug particles engineered to improve the safety, efficacy and performance of a wide range of therapies.
Our team members include some of the industry’s top scientists, clinicians, business strategists, engineers and pharmaceutical executives. We work together to help people lead longer, healthier and happier lives.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager to support Finance in leading the day-to-day management of all business financial operations for a growing biopharmaceutical company. This position coordinates periodic accounting closes, prepares financial statement and analyses, liaises with internal business partners and external auditors, maintains the general ledger, and documents the design and performance of internal controls. The Accounting Manager will report to the Corporate Controller and manage (2) accounting team members.
Accounting and Controls
- Reviews and approves journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure they are accurate and appropriately supported
- Directs monthly accounting close process (cash, prepaids, fixed assets debt, etc.)
- Evaluate existing processes and internal controls and make recommendations for improvements.
- Manage SOX program and maintain internal control documentation
- Ensures team members adhere to financial accounting and reporting controls and maintain a high degree of accuracy
Account Payable and Purchasing
- Reviews and approves purchase orders, contracts and invoices, to confirm coding is accurate and amounts agree to underlying documentation and are in budget
- Ensures changes to vendor records are accurate and legitimate
Financial Reporting and other
- Assists in preparation of internal management reporting packages and prepares relevant analyses
- Assists in preparation of SEC reporting including financial statements and disclosures
- Evaluate new accounting pronouncements for applicability
- Assists in preparation of documentation to support annual tax compliance, quarterly and annual financial reviews/audit
- Assists with annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes
- Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- An advanced degree is a plus
- CPA preferred
- Requires 5-8 years of progressive corporate accounting and people management experience. Audit and/or public accounting experience is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP
- High level of proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with life sciences industry and the drug development and/or commercialization life cycle
- Knowledge of financial systems (NetSuite a plus)
- Comfortable working with a partially remote team
- Flexible: Comfortable with growth, change, and ambiguity
- Assertive: Able to prioritize and independently identify what needs to be done
- Problem Solver: Able to troubleshoot without needing to be given the answer.
- Meticulous: Has high standards for themselves and others
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.