Director of Human Resources
- 419 Davis Dr, Morrisville, NC 27560, USA
We are a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of products that address unmet patient needs, with current focus directed towards the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).
Liquidia conducts research, development and manufacturing of novel products by applying its proprietary PRINT technology, a particle engineering platform, to enable precise production of uniform drug particles engineered to improve the safety, efficacy and performance of a wide range of therapies.
The Director of Human Resources will join Liquidia during an important time in the company’s evolution. The successful candidate will have the competencies and abilities to be process-driven and provide exceptional strategic and tactical HR business leadership and partnership across multiple functions. The primary focus is to support Liquidia in accomplishing business objectives and support high growth people priorities. They will also have responsibility for leading and managing several corporate HR processes and systems. The person in this role must be able to lead and influence at all levels in the company as a generalist HR partner. They will need to work independently and collaboratively to develop creative talent strategies to meet changing needs with the goal to help build a high-performing, diverse and inclusive culture. Experience across diverse business and financial settings in a dynamic company environment will be key to success. This role reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is based in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
- Work closely and partner with business leaders to enable the recruitment, development, and retention of a high performing team and culture.
- Implement and oversee practical solutions to support people priorities, providing thought leadership and proactive solutions
- Proactively partner with business leaders to identify and solve organizational matters to optimize productivity, the achievement of organizational goals, and employee engagement
- Accountable for vendor and stakeholder management of all HR systems
- Lead the development and implementation of HR processes (e.g. performance management, compensation planning, training)
- Manage employment relations issues through highly ethical and value-based processes while identifying trends requiring changes in policies and/or practices
- Maintain a strong understanding of the business to influence effectively
- Work closely with business partners to define workforce and resourcing plans, and design and execute appropriate strategies
- Collaborate with hiring managers and recruiting partners to manage the successful attraction, recruitment and integration of Liquidia people
- Ensure consistent onboarding and training for new hires
- Coach and support people leaders in providing feedback, documenting performance outcomes and employee development as needed and/or necessary corrective actions
- Identify employee and manager development needs, make recommendations, and implement training programs accordingly
- Responsible for HR budget
- Prepare HR reports, analytics, and updates to senior leadership.
- Manage technology systems to meet the organization’s HR data processing, control, and reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required (BA/BS)
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as an HR Generalist leader
- Experience in a commercial-stage pharmaceutical organization preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-growing environment, including a launch and post-launch pharmaceutical environment preferred
- Must be able to lead HR independently
- Strong business acumen essential. Must have a true business orientation and perspective indicative of an ability to provide strategic insight and analysis to business issues outside of the HR function. Be able to provide a solution perspective, not just an HR perspective
- Knowledge and experience in multiple HR areas required: employee engagement, leadership development, training, workforce planning, succession planning, performance management, compensation planning, reward and recognition, benefits and total rewards
- Must be able to support leadership in hiring, developing and retaining top talent
- Maturity and professional demeanor to advise, challenge and partner with business leaders in order to quickly become a trusted partner
- Able to work and adapt in a fast-moving environment and work under tight deadlines.
- Strong organization, leadership & influencing skills; able to build relationships at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to establish credibility and leadership
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, build trust, demonstrate discretion and sound judgment
- Strong listening and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to deliver presentations
- Strong ability to work and manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Positive attitude, energetic and proactive
- Deeply committed to accuracy and attention to detail; creative approach to problem- solving; exceptional interpersonal and written skills; demonstrated initiative and track record of increased responsibility
- Experience managing vendors and external stakeholders
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.