Product Marketing Manager
- 1301 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77002, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Headquartered in downtown Houston, Liongard is a fast-paced tech startup. Our software automation platform is changing the way IT service companies manage their customers. Both our team and customer base are growing rapidly. We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to support our continued growth.
Liongard is a product and customer focused company. Our mission is to enable relentless insight through automation to unleash IT teams to operate at 10x!
Our core values drive both how we work and who we hire:
- Listen & Learn –Be a sponge. We are focused on learning, not perfection.
- Adapt & Automate –Respond to what’s been learned.
- Execute as a Team –Collaborate to all row in the same direction.
- Focus on Visible Progress –Commitment to excellence through iteration.
- Teach –The best path to mastery is through teaching. Provide thought leadership!
Our customers are Managed Service Providers (MSPs) that are managing an increasingly complex modern IT stack – from cloud services like Office 365 and G Suite, to network devices, apps, services and databases. They love us because our product gives them deep visibility into all the systems and configurations managed and bring it all back to one unified dashboard, which allows them to troubleshoot issues faster, track changes over time, receive alerts when something is misconfigured, and generate reports across all of their environments and systems.
The product is truly unique in its capability to unify the wide array of systems that represent the modern IT stack. We are excited about our industry-leading capabilities for empowering MSPs and are well-positioned to continue developing cutting-edge capabilities.
The Product Marketing Manager is a key role in our company. As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be integral in tying our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing to achieve results. You will lead in product advocacy and be responsible for deeply understanding our product, customers, and the MSP industry.
Using market evidence to back up your strategic insights, you’ll drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with our target audience and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative campaigns that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality will be critical to ensuring your success. You will be responsible for presenting our platform’s value proposition in a way that resonates with our target audience and speaks to how we solve their problems.
You will also work closely with our product managers and sales teams to ensure alignment across the company. You will need strong project management and diplomatic skills, including knowing when to lead, when to push back and when to dive in.
You also must be passionate about contributing to the kind of team that promotes our culture and extreme customer focus. We execute as a team and expect strong collaboration to ensure consistent communication within the Product Marketing team and across all major functions of the company.
- Be an expert on the competitive landscape and how the key players in the space position and market themselves.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information how they make decisions. Infuse these insights into the sales and marketing processes.
- Collaborate with leadership to determine pricing, packaging, and activities related to the buyer’s journey.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train our team on the problems we solve for our users and develop internal tools and external collateral.
- Digest customer, product, and industry-related research insights to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target audience.
- Oversee and aid in the development of marketing copy and collateral that is concise, technical, and speaks to our customers' pain points and the value we provide.
- Maintain the product and brand writing style guide and champion best practices; effectively drive consistency in communicating the brand voice and tone and ensure all marketing copy is succinct, engaging, and informative.
- Facilitate product launches that align internal Liongard teams as well as appropriate external marketing communications through all marketing channels. Work closely with the marketing team to execute delivery of launches.
- Measure and report marketing content performance, adjusting strategy based on findings, feedback, market trends, customer response and business performance.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in Product Marketing (Pragmatic Marketing/Sirius Decisions certification or training a plus)
- Demonstrated writing skills with experience in crafting product content
- Proven track record of driving successful research and go-to-market launches that drive adoption and bottom-line impact
- Highly cross-functional, detail-oriented, with the ability to partner with different stakeholders and teams across the company
- Enthusiasm for web metrics that gauge content performance, comfortable with basic quantitative analysis relating to KPIs, A/B tests, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to present in public speaking engagements evangelizing the product or corporate messaging
- Bachelor's degree in English, Marketing or Advertising preferred or equivalent education and experience
- Experience with technical writing and/or product manuals is a plus
All candidates must be eligible to work in the US
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.