VP of Engineering
- 1301 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77002, USA
Liongard is a fast-growing tech startup based in Houston, Texas. Liongard’s mission is to enable relentless insight through automation to unleash IT teams to operate at 10x! Our customers are Managed Service Providers (MSPs) that are now managing into a complex modern IT stack – from cloud services like Office 365 and GSuite to network devices, apps, services and databases. Our customers love us because our product, Roar, gives them deep visibility into all the systems and configurations managed and bring it all back to one unified dashboard. This allows them to troubleshoot issues faster, track changes over time, receive alerts when something is misconfigured, and generate reports across all of their environments and systems.
We have built an amazing team that has allowed us to grow extremely quickly, while continuing to rapidly improve the product and respond to our improving understanding of our customers’ needs. The product is truly unique in its capability to unify the wide array of systems that represent the modern IT stack. We are excited about our industry-leading capabilities for empowering MSPs, and are well-positioned to continue developing cutting-edge capabilities that we’ve planned on our roadmap.
Liongard is a product and customer focused company, and that is really evident in our core values which drive both how we work and who we hire:
- Listen & Learn – Be a sponge. We are focused on learning, not perfection.
- Adapt & Automate – Respond to what’s been learned.
- Execute as a Team – Collaborate to all row in the same direction.
- Focus on Visible Progress – Commitment to excellence through iteration.
- Teach – The best path to mastery is through teaching. Provide thought leadership!
Liongard's VP of Engineering is a leadership role responsible for managing the Engineering team. The Engineering team is responsible for the development of Liongard’s core product, Roar, the associated infrastructure, and all System Inspectors. Engineering works collaboratively with the Product team to deliver on the overall Product roadmap so we have a proven record of visible progress!
The ideal candidate is a great manager and teacher with the ability to identify and remove obstacles for team members while building their knowledge through listening and learning. Team building is a key part of the role, so this will involve promoting our culture, mentoring current engineering team members, and recruiting top-tier engineers to grow the team. We execute as a team, so collaboration will be key to maintaining a consistent level of communication within the team and across the major functions.
- Lead and manage the Engineering team.
- Establish KPIs and success metrics for the Engineering team.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to members of the Engineering team.
- Lead recruiting efforts to add world-class engineering talent to the team.
- Manage the budget for Engineering and identify areas for optimization.
- Develop and improve engineering processes to deliver consistent results.
- Align with the Product team on the planning and delivery of the roadmap.
- Delivery of projects to meet Security, Reporting, and Operations objectives.
- Recommend technological improvements regarding the product, process and infrastructure.
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or similar degree
- Strong organizational leadership skills.
- Proven track record of growing and leading strong engineering teams, product delivery, quality, and customer focus.
- Experience with SaaS application development, security and capacity planning.
- Strong knowledge of cloud infrastructure with AWS experience preferred.
- Experience with deployment of applications via containers.
- Software development experience specifically with Node.js preferred.
- Database experience with PostgreSQL preferred.
- Knowledgeable about IT industry trends and best practices.
- Familiarity with the Managed Service Provider industry is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, and interpersonal skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.