Software QA Engineer
- 1301 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77002, USA
Liongard is a fast-growing tech startup based in Houston, Texas. Liongard’s mission is to enable relentless insight through automation to unleash IT teams to operate at 10x! Our customers are Managed Service Providers (MSPs) that are now managing into a complex modern IT stack – from cloud services like Office 365 and GSuite to network devices, apps, services and databases. Our customers love us because our product, Roar, gives them deep visibility into all the systems and configurations managed and bring it all back to one unified dashboard. This allows them to troubleshoot issues faster, track changes over time, receive alerts when something is misconfigured, and generate reports across all of their environments and systems.
We have built an amazing team that has allowed us to grow extremely quickly, while continuing to rapidly improve the product and respond to our improving understanding of our customers’ needs. The product is truly unique in its capability to unify the wide array of systems that represent the modern IT stack. We are excited about our industry-leading capabilities for empowering MSPs, and are well-positioned to continue developing cutting-edge capabilities that we’ve planned on our roadmap.
Liongard is a product and customer focused company, and that is really evident in our core values which drive both how we work and who we hire:
- Listen & Learn – Be a sponge. We are focused on learning, not perfection.
- Adapt & Automate – Respond to what’s been learned.
- Execute as a Team – Collaborate to all row in the same direction.
- Focus on Visible Progress – Commitment to excellence through iteration.
- Teach – The best path to mastery is through teaching. Provide thought leadership!
As a Software QA Engineer, you'll join a talented, collaborative, and growing engineering organization whose main responsibility is to solve challenging problems and manage complexity as the product continues to grow and change. Your primary responsibilities as on the team will include:
- Maintaining and executing a functional test plan to ensure the application is behaving as expected prior to a release.
- Writing and maintaining Node.js or Python code to automate the aforementioned test plan using a browser driver like Selenium.
- Regularly performing exploratory testing on the application to try and identify new bugs.
- Contributing unit tests to ensure that existing and new code performs as expected.
- Researching modern quality assurance tools and leading the incorporation of these tools into our software stack.
In addition to experience with the tools we use, the best candidates for this role are going to be absolutely fantastic communicators, with a great attitude and high level of attention to detail. You get excited about testing and finding new bugs, and have an unquenchable thirst for learning new things.
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to establish test cases and scripts to identify potential problems in new and current feature set/functionality.
- Ensure that the deliverables meet documented requirements
- Establish and maintain test cases for unit, smoke, regression, and acceptance testing
- Establish and maintain testing data sets and environments to simulate common and edge case scenarios, i.e. small and large customers, cross-browser testing, PC/Mac
- For Inspector testing, the accuracy and presentation of data that lands in the platform and downstream
- Establish and maintain automated test scripts using Selenium or other front-end testing programs
- Analyze bugs, document results, and work within engineering team to help resolve the issue
- Recommend user experience improvements based on testing observations
- Maintain and update test logs per release
- Assist in the drafting initial release notes
- Collaborate with Product (education, research, partner success) and Engineering stakeholders to document and suggest best practices and collect feedback to improve test cases
- Identify KPIs for product quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and consistency
- Experience writing and maintaining test automation scripts in Java, Python, or Node.js
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Solid quality assurance testing experience
- Self-starter capable of owning issues to resolution without oversight
- BS or higher in related field OR industry experience with software testing
- At least ~1-3 years of software testing experience in industry
- Experience with automated testing programs and tools