- 19 Presidential Way, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Lionano SE Inc. seeks to transform battery technology to enable safe, affordable, and manufacturable products for Mobility and Energy. Operating out of its world-class research and development facility in Woburn, MA, the company holds a portfolio of polymer-based solid-state technology innovations, including its segment-leading LPE™ electrolyte.
Lionano SE Inc. is looking for Research Scientist – Solid-State Materials Development to join its R&D team in Massachusetts. The successful candidate will join the new solid-state electrolyte project. This position requires an understanding of lithium batteries, inorganic chemistry, lithium metal, and oxide electrolyte. The desired individual will carry out at-bench experiments with strict practices and scientific data analysis. Problem solving tasks on optimizing different conditions and formulations will also be assigned. The successful applicant will be encouraged to make intelligent contributions to various research projects that are running simultaneously
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Evaluate solid-state electrolyte
- Fabricate solid-state electrolyte for battery cell3 incorporate solid-state electrolyte into battery cell
- Design, develop, validate, and analyze solid-state electrolyte with cutting edge solutions for its application in high energy lithium batteries
- Provide scientific solution to resolve both practical and fundamental issues
- Maintain compliance with all company protocols related to confidentiality, assignment of inventions, and other policies or duties as identified and assigned
- PhD degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or related fields
- 4+ years’ of R&D experiences in ceramic solid-state electrolyte development w/lithium metal battery.
- Expertise in the powder processing, ceramic film/pellet processing, ceramic science, and sintering.
- Hand-on experience in ceramic processing and characterization.
- Plus for the candidate with solid state electrolyte material synthesis processes (solution-based processing, ball milling) experience.
- Willingness to execute on multiple tasks in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to work within project teams with dedication and technical excellence
Lionano SE®, a Cornell spin-off company, is developing proprietary high-performance, high-safety profile materials for lithium-ion battery industry. The company is well funded by venture capital and strategic investors. We are expanding our capacity, fast forward in material manufacturing while achieving excellence in quality.
Lionano is an equal employer and all your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.