- 19 Presidential Way, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Lionano SE ® is dedicated to creating high-performance and safe materials for lithium-ion batteries. As an agile and energetic startup, we strive for excellence in execution and innovation. We are rapidly expanding our established R&D and manufacturing operations in order to fulfill our customers’ needs for superior battery materials.
Lionano SE is looking for a Senior Scientist – Anode Development to join its R&D team in Woburn, Massachusetts. The successful candidate will take laboratory oriented tasks and will focus on anode/anode electrolyte interface development with silicon and graphite silicon. This position requires a sophisticated understanding of lithium batteries, anode materials, and electrolyte chemistry. Candidates must have 3-5 years of work experience with silicon anode development. The role will entail independent design and execution of experiments, data analysis, and collaboration with Lionano s R&D. Applicants should expect to be closely involved in patent filings and must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- A systematical knowledge of silicon anode and cutting-edge technology from preparation to application. A fundamental understanding the dynamic changes of silicon materials working in the anodes and generate solutions to the challenges.
- Direct experience on techniques to stabilize the anodes and interfaces
- Design, develop, validate, and analyze silicon anodes with cutting edge solutions for its application in high energy lithium batteries
- Lead fabrication process development to optimize product cost and quality
- Provide scientific support to project teams to resolve both practical and fundemental issues
- Maintain compliance with all company protocols related to confidentiality, assignment of inventions, and other policies or duties as identified and assigned
- Significant plus for the candidate with strong background on silicon anode development.
- 3-5 year of industry/academic (post graduate) experiences with lithium ion battery
- PhD degree is preferred in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or related fields
- Willingness to execute on multiple tasks in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to work within project teams with dedication and technical excellence
Lionano SE is an equal employer and all your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.