Vice President - Business Development
- 19 Presidential Way, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Lionano® is dedicated to creating high-performance and safe materials for lithium-ion batteries. As an agile and energetic startup, we strive for excellence in execution and innovation on a daily basis. We are rapidly expanding our established R&D and manufacturing operations in order to fulfill our customers’ needs for superior battery materials.
Lionano is looking for a Vice President – Business Development to join its business team in Woburn, MA. The role requires a comprehensive understanding of fundraising strategies and grant applications from state and federal agencies. Candidates must have 10+ years of experience with successful fundraising in the clean energy industry. The role will entail planning, executing and managing strategies to enhance Lionano’s fundraising opportunities. Applicants should expect to work closely with the CEO, COO and the board of directors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan, execute, and manage comprehensive strategies to expand Lionano’s fundraising opportunities, in coordination with the CEO, COO, and other executives. Set and meet ambitious fundraising objectives, methodically evaluate results, and implement corrective strategies and actions if needed.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of grants from state and federal agencies. Lead effort to determine appropriate funding opportunities, submit effective proposals, adhere to communication and compliance standards, and win grants.
- Serve as a dynamic ambassador and evangelist for the organization, both internally and externally, who can inspire support from a variety of stakeholders, ranging from institutional and strategic investors to government agencies. Able to rapidly comprehend Lionano’s mission, purpose, and product features in order to effectively pitch prospective investors.
- Convey the mission and purpose of Lionano in a persuasive, compelling, and exciting way, verbally, visually, and through other media, in order to generate interest among diverse audiences.
Qualifications and Skills
- Track record of successful fundraising for startups, enterprises, or government agencies
- 10+ years of demonstrated work experience in the clean energy industry
- Strong network of relationships with institutional investors and/or government agencies
- Able to lead, train, motivate, build consensus, and manage cross-functional teams to deliver reliable results
- Results-oriented, creative, and resourceful problem-solver who can prioritize and manage simultaneous projects while maintaining attention to detail
- Strict adherence to budgets and deadlines
- Familiarity with PR resources, such as digital marketing platforms
- High-energy personality who thrives in a dynamic, distributed environment
- Passionate about Lionano’s mission and purpose, with exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to instill this inspiration and motivation in a diverse community, including Lionano’s multi-cultural board, staff, subsidiaries, investors, and partners
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Multicultural experience
- Experience working remotely and/or with a distributed workforce
- Full-time position based out of Woburn, MA. Candidates must be willing to relocate or must currently live locally.
- Position may entail up to 50% travel time
- Meetings and communication involving participants in multiple time zones is to be expected