- 19 Presidential Way, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Lionano® is dedicated to creating high-performance and safe materials for lithium-ion batteries. As an agile and energetic startup, we strive for excellence in execution and innovation on a daily basis. We are rapidly expanding our established R&D and manufacturing operations in order to fulfill our customers’ needs for superior battery materials.
Lionano is looking for a Battery Engineer to join its R&D team in Woburn, Massachusetts. The role requires a sophisticated understanding of cell design, cell assembly, and material/battery characterization. Candidates must have 2-3 years of hands on experience with pouch cell battery research and development, and will utilize this experience to provide battery processing and manufacturing solutions. The role will entail preparing, designing, and monitoring instruments and experiments; interpreting and presenting data; and working closely with Lionano’s product design teams to determine cells’ design and mechanical characteristics. Applicants should expect to be closely involved in patent filings and must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- 2-3 years’ experience in pouch cell design, assembly and testing
- Experience with polymer processing and/or metallurgy is preferred
- Willingness to execute on multiple tasks in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to work within project teams with dedication and technical excellence
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Design, develop, validate, and analyze lithium-ion cell components, assemblies, and specifications, as well as of the full suite of pouch cell processes
- Plan, develop, and execute Design of Experiment (DOE) for fabrication and testing of lithium-ion cells
- Assist the Senior Engineer with fabrication process development to optimize product cost and quality
- Provide engineering support to project teams to resolve manufacturing process issues
- Maintain compliance with all company protocols related to confidentiality, assignment of inventions, and other policies or duties as identified and assigned