Senior UX Designer - Contractors
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world’s top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history.
Today, the Linux Foundation has over 2,000 corporate members from over 41 countries, including every single one of the Fortune 100. The Linux Foundation has proudly created over $100B in shared technology value since inception. We’re growing at a phenomenal rate and we’re looking for top open source community engineers to join our growing team.
The Linux Foundation has evolved a proven methodology to transform projects into category leaders. The LFX platform operationalizes this approach, providing a suite of tools built to facilitate every aspect of open source development. Critical projects must have their finger on the pulse of their entire developer ecosystem, with tools tailored to key stakeholders driving project development, including maintainers, contributors, community managers, marketers, and more. In your role as a UX designer contractor, you will be a part of the cross-functional Linux Foundation team building a risk assessment and health monitoring platform to continuously analyze the top open source projects and packages across major language and system ecosystems to deliver “situational awareness” regarding risk to developers and consumers of open source software..
In this role you will design analytics dashboards, reports and other user-facing applications to help developers and organizations assess the security of open source software, and help maintainers and contributors create more secure software. You will be responsible for creating UX designs, and conducting research to support your designs with target users.
- 5 or more years of UX design experience
- Experience designing data visualizations and dashboards
- Degree in User Experience Design or equivalent experience
- Fluency in best practices for web-based user experience design
- Understanding of the Design Thinking process
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Ability to receive constructive feedback
- Excited about working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team, working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions
- Must have experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma and Axure UX Prototyping Tool
- Experience designing for mobile and desktop
- Experienced with and enjoys working in fast-paced and adaptable (startup-like) environments
The Linux Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.