Customer Support Specialist
The Customer Support Specialist is a full-time position in the Training and Certification department responsible for responding and resolving customer inquiries, submitted primarily through an online ticketing system.
This position will participate in a weekend on-call roster, shared on a rotating basis with other team members.
The successful candidate must live in the APAC region, or be willing to work within the hours required to support our APAC customers.
- Assisting with purchases, refunds or payment issues.
- Answering questions about Linux Foundation Training & Certification products including Terms & Conditions, Exam Rules and Policies.
- Providing information on the Exam registration, scheduling and administration process.
- Assisting candidates who report issues accessing their training or certification products in the LMS.
- Providing post-exam support to candidates who encounter issues while taking their exam.
- Providing support for candidates who request information on or challenge their final score.
- Assisting with requests to change Digital Badge and Certification information.
- Escalating more complex support issues to Senior team members.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting customer issues directly or acting as a liaison to the technical support teams (internal to LF or external partners).
- Willing to shift schedules as needed, to deal with the practical challenges presented by working with colleagues across global time zones. This would be a requirement for the first 3-6 months of the hiring date, to accommodate on-the-job training.
- Bachelor's degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of customer support and operations experience.
- Proficiency in business technologies including Google Apps and Atlassian Tools, such as JIRA Service Desk and Confluence.
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand the customer’s requirements and respond with a solution in a timely manner.
- Be able to quickly learn new technologies and tools in a self-directed manner, as needed for the job
- Develop an understanding of our systems integration and workflow, and be able to work quickly between multiple systems (e.g Thought Industries LMS, Stripe, Salesforce).
- Be self motivated and productive in a virtual workplace.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills, creativity, and attention to detail
- Take ownership of work, sweat the details and take pride in producing high-quality work
- Be able to juggle constantly-changing tasks and details without dropping the ball
- Be able to interface professionally with a variety of internal colleagues, teams and external customers.
- Be effective in oral and written communication.
- Be comfortable with email and Slack as primary forms of communication.
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Be proficient on computers and be a quick learner on web-based programs.
- Be positive, proactive, and readily embrace change.
- Always keeps an eye on the overall mission and goals of the Foundation.