Sr. Director of Product Design - Growth & Premium
- Workplace Type: Remote
- Career Track & Grade: MR6/12
- Department: Product
LinkedIn’s vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our global Product Design team advances this vision through quality, inclusive design. We're passionate about designing an equal, fair, and accessible platform that’s modern, engaging, and responsible.
Why lead a Product Design team at LinkedIn?
- Work and learn with passionate, talented, and supportive people
- Get the resources you need to hire, grow, and retain top talent
- Design products with a meaningful impact on the global workforce
- We value compassion, inclusivity, and trust, the foundations of a well-supported team
- A trusting, open environment helps us do our best work…and we have fun together!
Reporting directly to the VP of Consumer Product Design, you will lead our Growth & Premium product design teams, working collaboratively with executive leadership across the company to establish a clear vision and strategy for how we grow member engagement, value, and the Premium business globally. You will be a key driver for how we effectively accelerate our mission and vision, connecting our nearly billion members to the value of LinkedIn. We’re seeking someone who has effectively led growth-focused teams in organizations requiring cross-team collaboration. You’re an expert in systems thinking, relationship building, and storytelling – who can call on a full range of organizational and interpersonal skills to help your talented teams operate at their highest and most effective level.
How do we attract the next billion members of the global workforce to our platform? How can we better connect the dots of our ecosystem to create a more cohesive Premium experience driven by member value? What are creative ways we can leverage AI across our marketplaces to create more value for our members? If solving these problems sparks your interest, we’d love to see your application.
Learn more about our design community at design.linkedin.com
- Lead Design vision and strategy for our Growth (top of funnel, international, onboarding, guest, SEO, app activation, notifications, network growth, etc.) and Premium teams
- Oversee several Design leads, managers and tenured individual contributors, unifying and growing the skills of others
- Set expectations and maintain high standards of quality and craft; inspire excellence and collaboration
- Manage a high-performing team with compassion; Attract, retain, develop, and manage individuals to reach their highest potential
- Establish trust and build confidence with cross-functional partners and executive leadership (e.g., Design, UXR, Product, Engineering, and Marketing); collaborate cross-functionally and across teams
- Improve operational excellence, prioritizing work and resources across product teams to maximize impact on the business and the user experience
- Co-create the future of LinkedIn by designing best-in-class products and leading world-class teams
- Act as a mentor, leader, and coach across the Design team, and be an ambassador within and outside of LinkedIn to build our global Design brand
At LinkedIn, we trust each other to do our best work where it works best for us and our teams. This role offers both hybrid and remote work options, meaning you can work from home and commute to a LinkedIn office, depending on what’s best for you and when it is important for your team to be together, or this role can be performed remotely in most locations in the country of employment.
- 12+ years of combined hands-on experience through practice and management of Product Design in the business context
- Experience designing consumer products across platforms and devices
- Deep knowledge of associated practices, including Content Design, User Experience Research, Motion, and accessibility standards
- Experience leading Growth and/or subscription product design teams
- Strong experience in providing vision and guidance that helps shape the future of a business
- Ability to influence multiple product areas while being able to drive a strategy and vision across an organization
- Ability to deliver design solutions that grow the business area and create new value for members/customers
- Ability to develop teams of designers to become the next generation of key contributors - promoting sharing work openly and welcoming feedback
- Strong ability to solve unstructured problems that have many dependencies and lengthy timelines; Seeks out ambiguity and transforms it into effective, actionable plans with cross-functional partners
- Great communicator and compelling storyteller
Suggested Skills (3-5)
- Growth product design
- Managing high-performing teams
- Strategic influence and impact
LinkedIn is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The pay range for this role is $260,000 to $385,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
The total compensation package for this position may also include annual performance bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans. For more information, visit https://careers.linkedin.com/benefits.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here: https://lnkd.in/equalemploymentopportunity2017. Please reference the following information for more information: https://legal.linkedin.com/content/dam/legal/LinkedIn_EEO_Statement_2020.pdf. Please reference the following information for more information: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf for more information.
LinkedIn is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Our goal is to foster an inclusive and accessible workplace where everyone has the opportunity to be successful.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at [email protected] and describe the specific accommodation requested for a disability-related limitation.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview
A request for an accommodation will be responded to within three business days. However, non-disability related requests, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, LinkedIn will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates
Please follow this link to access the document that provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants: https://legal.linkedin.com/candidate-portal.