Senior Manager, Product Design
- San Francisco, CA
- Department: Product
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network, built to help members of all backgrounds and experiences achieve more in their careers. Our vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Every day our members use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, build skills and gain insights. We believe amazing things happen when we work together in an environment where everyone feels a true sense of belonging, and that what matters most in a candidate is having the skills needed to succeed. It inspires us to invest in our talent and support career growth. Join us to challenge yourself with work that matters.
This role will be based in either New York, Sunnyvale, San Francisco, or Home Office depending on which location the applicant chosen for the role is currently residing.
LinkedIn’s vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our global Product Design team advances this vision through quality, inclusive design. We're passionate about designing an equal, fair, and accessible platform that’s modern, engaging, and responsible.
Our products help professionals all over the world stay connected, informed, and productive. The LinkedIn ecosystem is about more than just job hunting. We create and support active communities and enterprise products around sales, marketing, learning, and recruiting.
Why lead the Product Design team at LinkedIn?
- Get the resources you need to hire, grow, and retain top design talent
- Develop deep understanding of a dynamic, complex product ecosystem
- We’re committed to compassionate, empathetic leadership
- We value inclusivity and trust, the foundations of a well-supported team
You’ll shape the future of the business in collaboration with product and engineering partners, and design teams across the organization. Come lead a diverse, empowered team, designing for the world’s workforce.
Learn more about our design community at design.linkedin.com
- Define, direct, and oversee the creative direction of our suite of products
- Proactively seek opportunities to drive marketplace growth and integrate with other LinkedIn business solutions
- Effectively communicate ideas, design rationale and specifics of the design approach
- Create holistic design solutions that address business, brand, and user requirements
- Manage, coach, and provide directed feedback to product designers and leads to deliver the final product
- To be considered for this position, you must include your portfolio, website or other samples of work.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience managing and directing creative projects
- Experience directing and guiding a team through a complete lifecycle of several launched projects
- Strong experience in providing vision and guidance that helps shape the future of the business
- Experience managing senior individual contributors and managers
- Exceptional ability to influence on other product areas across the organization; Drives strategy and vision across the business area
- Exceptional ability to delivers design solutions that grow the business area and create new value for members/customers
- Exceptional ability to develop teams of designers to become the next generation of key contributors - promoting sharing work openly and welcoming feedback
- Mastery in solving unstructured problems that have many dependencies and may have lengthy timelines; Seeks out ambiguity and transforms it into effective, actionable plans with cross-functional partners
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here: https://lnkd.in/equalemploymentopportunity2017. Please reference the following information for more information: https://legal.linkedin.com/content/dam/legal/LinkedIn_EEO_Statement_2020.pdf. Please reference the following information for more information: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf for more information.
LinkedIn is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Our goal is to foster an inclusive and accessible workplace where everyone has the opportunity to be successful.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at [email protected] and describe the specific accommodation requested for a disability-related limitation.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview
A request for an accommodation will be responded to within three business days. However, non-disability related requests, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, LinkedIn will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates
Please follow this link to access the document that provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants: https://legal.linkedin.com/candidate-portal.