Account Manager UnLock Program (Sales Acceleration)
- Detroit, MI
- Department: Sales
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network, built to help members of all backgrounds and experiences achieve more in their careers. Our vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Every day our members use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, build skills and gain insights. We believe amazing things happen when we work together in an environment where everyone feels a true sense of belonging, and that what matters most in a candidate is having the skills needed to succeed. It inspires us to invest in our talent and support career growth. Join us to challenge yourself with work that matters.
What is the UnLock Program?
The Unlock program (as in unlocking new talent pools) is designed to take experienced (5 years+) professionals who have the skills, aptitude and desire to be in a customer facing sales role, but currently lack the traditional sales training or quota carrying experience. The UnLock program is an intensive multi-month training program designed to teach the industry, our tools, and our sales process. Following the training program, individuals will be placed into a Relationship Manger or Account Executive Sales position.
Responsibilities of the UnLock Program include:
- 3+ month intensive training and development program that requires both pre-work and deadline driven deliverables
- Adapt to a multi-pronged curriculum that consist of in the classroom and in the field training
- Ability to collaborate and achieve shared objectives with peers in the program
- Ability to clearly articulate your perspective & communicate with stakeholders
- Be willing to provide and adapt to shared feedback throughout the program
- Required to graduate the program through a formal certification
Upon graduation of the UnLock Program responsibilities in the Relationship Manager/Account Director role include:
● Drive the business forward by expanding revenue within current customer base by prospecting and building pipeline while building strong personal relationships with existing customers
● Successfully onboard new customers as they are closed and brought onboard by the Account Executive team
● Develop and execute on a strategic plan for the territory, create reliable forecasts, and defend current spend
● Develop strong understanding of customers and serve as a trusted adviser
● Maintain existing customer relationships and ensure customers are achieving full potential of their current investment
● Embrace a growth mindset and inspire those around you to perform at a higher level while effectively leveraging resources
● Work to develop and circulate the set of best practices that will be the foundation of this growing team
● Partner cross-functionally within LinkedIn to gather data, drive product adoption, and ensure customers leverage the solution to achieve full business value
Upon graduation of the UnLock Program responsibilities of an Account Executive include:
- Prospect relentlessly to build pipeline and build strong personal relationships with prospects
- Create reliable forecasts and be completely transparent with management on the pipeline status
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for the territory and document and distribute competitive information
- Invest in colleagues and give coaching and advice when you see an opportunity for improvement
- Work to develop and circulate the set of best practices that will be the foundation of this team
- Listen to the needs of the market and share insights with product and marketing teams
- Be proactive about solving problems even if it’s outside of your area and be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge
- Seek out opportunities to be a leader and do everything you can to help the company achieve its larger objectives
- Assess business opportunities and use data to inform decision making and persuade others
- Manage a large number of prospect situations simultaneously while positioning company products against direct and indirect competitors
- Travel required (approximately 10% of the time)
● 5+ years of professional experience
● Experience with Microsoft Office products including Outlook & PowerPoint
● Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technology
● Experience managing both internal and external stakeholders
● Ability to develop compelling strategies that deliver results
● Analytical and data-driven
● Demonstrated a compelling desire to have a career in a customer facing capacity
● Ability to clearly articulate your perspective & communicate with stakeholders
● Entrepreneurial mindset to bring in a new and unique perspective to the team
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here: https://lnkd.in/equalemploymentopportunity2017. Please reference the following information for more information: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf for more information.
LinkedIn is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Our goal is to foster an inclusive and accessible workplace where everyone has the opportunity to be successful.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at [email protected] and describe the specific accommodation requested for a disability-related limitation.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview
A request for an accommodation will be responded to within three business days. However, non-disability related requests, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, LinkedIn will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates
Please follow this link to access the document that provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants: https://legal.linkedin.com/candidate-portal.