Senior Network Administrator
- Phoenix, Mauritius
As the pioneer of the cloud computing and IT solutions, we are present in Mauritius since 2004. Being in full expansion, we accompany our clients towards their digital transformation. Fluent in innovative technologies, we work with a team of passionate people and always breath in our core values.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, Configuration, and deployment of new platforms
- Manage network and security projects within the project team
- Level 2 incident management
- Perform network capacity planning and writing of technical documents • Solve problem tickets. (Escalating to N2 and N3 if necessary)
- Proficiency in OS such as UNIX, LINUX, Windows server. Ability to work in CLI.
- Packet analysis (Tcpdump, Wireshark)
- Management and implementation of network configuration on ‘firewalling’ devices
- Configuration of switches and routers
- Design and configuration of network resources using cloud services (AWS, Azure and GCP)
- Contribution to the integration of new colleagues
- Drafting of all technical documentations related to his/her activities (eg installation / operation documents, incident management procedures, network architecture diagrams, etc.)
- Provide trainings to Network Admins
- Propose and implement improvements on clients’ infrastructure
- Work alongside Project Management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiative
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required :
- Diploma/Degree in computer science or equivalent (CCNA)
- Network concepts: OSI, TCP / IP layers, switching, routing, subnetting, network troubleshooting tools and load balancing.
- Network security concepts: Firewalling, Log analysis, VPN-IPSEC, VPN-SSL.
Nice to have:
- Cloud concepts: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and GCP
- Systems and applications: Microsoft Windows Server, Unix and Linux
- Network programmability and automation: Ansible, Git, REST API, Python, JSON
- ITIL processes and procedures
- Good technical writing skills
- Demonstrate Project Management and leadership skills
- First successful experience in computer network environments.
- At least two years of experience in network and security
- One year of experience in cloud technologies (Recommended)
- Autonomy, rigor, sense of service
- Team Spirit
- Good methodology
- Organizational skills and analytical aptitude
- Stress management