Windows System Administrator
- Phoenix, Mauritius
- Employees can work remotely
As the pioneer of the cloud computing and IT solutions, we are present in Mauritius since 2004. Being in full expansion, we accompany our clients towards their digital transformation. Fluent in innovative technologies, we work with a team of passionate people and always breath in our core values.
Purpose and Objective of Position
The Senior Windows System Administrator guarantees the success of installation, configuration, optimization and operational maintenance of services and equipment related to the operating systems of the company's customers throughout the project cycle, from the sale of the project until its exploitation.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribution to the pre-sales phase in collaboration with the Sales Engineer / Project Manager / Account Manager, with the support and replacement of their Team Manager: by responding to calls for tenders, to customer support and internal bodies as technical expert
- Collaborative incident / problem management: analysis and resolution of complex incidents / problems, advice to administrators and follow-up until full support and Incident and Change management via ticketing system
- Technical support to administrators to Level 2
- Supervision and daily operation of client systems infrastructures, operation and updating
- Support for existing customers of all complex and / or critical change requests in collaboration with Account Managers
- Optimization and standardization of processes
- Improvement of change / incident / problem / configuration / capacity / continuity and availability management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Minimum Diploma/BSC in Computer Science or IT or Engineering
- Proven Work Experience in System Administration (minimum of 2 years)
Critical knowledge & skills including tools, software applications, language, etc
- System: Windows Server - HTTP protocol (Cookie, Session, Header)
- Databases: MS SQL, My SQL, Oracle
- Networks: TCP / IP - Web (HTML, CSS, JS, RSS, JSON, XML) and webservices (SOAP, REST)
- Web server (IIS, rewrite and compression modules, Apache)
- Application servers: ASP.NET, Coldfusion, Tomcat • Content portals: Sharepoint
- Languages: ASP, ASP.NET, VBscript, PHP complex regular expressions (regex PCRE)
- Synchronization software: Robocopy Common skills: - ITIL - Internal procedures / processes related to its activity
- Pre-sales process and production start
- internal IS
- Office and Outlook pack
- Writing skills: English, French read, spoken and written
- Good Knowledge of Networking and web protocols.
- Windows Patch management via WSUS
- Good Written and Verbal Communication Skills (French and English)
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications (MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint)
Other Qualifications / Core Competencies
- Curious and strong personality
- Having analytical, synthesis and innovation skills.
- At least 2 years in a similar position
- Holding a diploma or degree in computer science.
- Fluent in French, English and have good writing skills