Linux System Engineer
- Phoenix, Mauritius
As the pioneer of the cloud computing and IT solutions, we are present in Mauritius since 2004. Being in full expansion, we accompany our clients towards their digital transformation. Fluent in innovative technologies, we work with a team of passionate people and always breath in our core values.
Purpose and Objective of Position
The Linux System and Application Engineer guarantees the success of installation, configuration, optimization and operational maintenance of services and equipment related to the operating systems of the company's customers throughout the project cycle, from the sale of the project until its exploitation.
- Contribution to the pre-sales process in collaboration with the Sales Engineer, Project Manager and the Client Account Manager as well as the support of the Team Manager.
- Incident or Problem Management : Complex incident and problem analysis and proposition of technical solutions, coaching and mentoring of system administrators and follow up until complete resolution.
- Provide technical support to system administrators (Level 2 and 3) when required.
- Monitoring, correct management of clients’ systems and infrastructure, in terms of the good health and functioning as well as the follow up of system updates with System Administrators.
- Good management of complex and critical change requests for existing clients in collaboration with Client Account Manager
- The optimization and standardizing of the different operational process.
- Improvement of change, incident, problem, configuration, capacity management as well as the continuity and availability of service.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Minimum Diploma/BSC in Computer Science or IT or Engineering
- Proven Work Experience in System Administration (minimum of 2 years)
Knowledge & Skills
- Linux Technologies (Redhat, Centos, Debian, Ubuntu)
- Application software : Apache, Ngninx
- Transfer Protocol : FTP, PROFTPD
- Scripting : Python, Bash, Ruby
- Automation tools : Terraform, GIT, CICD, Ansible, Packer
- Web Statistics
- CAAS Technologies : Kubernetes, Docker
- Cloud Technologies : AWS, Azure, service PAAS & SAAS
- Knowledge on E-commerce, intranet et extranet
- Virtualization : VmWare, Citrix, OpenStack
- Clusterisation Technology
- Passion for serverless architectures
- Knowledge on Wordpress, Drupal
- Knowledge on Hashicorp
- Configuration Management
- Curious and eager to propose innovative solutions, rigorous, good capacity to analyse and synthetize
- 2 years minimum of experience in a similar job position
- Valid certifications and diploma in Information Technology
- Good written and spoken English and French
- Leadership Skills