Backup and storage Engineer
- Block B, 1st Floor, Phoenix Central Limited, Pont Fer, Phoenix, Maurice
LINKBYNET is a leading provider of private and public cloud computing solutions, associated with full managed services.
Historically targeting the e-business market, through 24/7 facilities management and hosting of critical sites, our Customers also entrust management of their business information systems to us.
From the outset, the company has generated annual average turnover growth of 30%, boasting 600 Customers ranging from SMEs to major companies in the leading French stock market index, the CAC 40.
The Backup & Storage Engineer ensures or is responsible for the day to day administration and maintenance of enterprise level data backup and recovery solutions. He/she must have experience with Commvault, Veeam and Avamar
- Contribution as technical expert to the pre-sales phase and participation in responding to calls for tenders
- Proactively review and monitor multiple solution environment to identify issues with system performance that could impact backup job processing and success rates. Alerts team members of any issues that may be escalated for more detailed investigations
- Provides Level 2 and Level 3 support in case of escalation from Administrators, the Team Manager, or Incident / Problem Managers
- Responsible of efficient, effective management and resolution of all incident in a timely manner
- Delivers clear detailed and accurate technical documentation related to its activity in a professional and positive manner when working with all clients
- Manages automation and industrialization activities linked to storage and backup
- Responsible for technological watch on his/her activities: recommendations relating to the evolution of internal / external backup tools and infrastructures
- Provides training sessions to teammates and colleagues
- Participates in the integration of new collaborators joining the team (if necessary).
- Ensures that the architecture and management of backup services provided to customers are in line with contractual needs and service levels (SLA).
- Participates in on-call duties to ensure coverage for all customer requests and system alerts reported by backup infrastructure
- Responsible for resolving problems on backup infrastructure
- Perform backup routine backup policy changes and ensures all backup are run and completed
- Diagnose and troubleshoot storage related issues
- Perform restore for Windows, Linux, and Unix file system
- Liaising with vendors in providing support for backup and storage software and hardware related issues
Knowledge & Skills:
- 3-5 years experiences in backup and storage
- Comprehensive and expert knowledge of backup architecture and its hardware/software products
- Good knowledge of CommVault, Veeam and Avamar
- Good Knowledge of Cloud backup solutions
- Experience with cloud storage, Backup, and archive technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Good knowledge of VMware
- Experience in networking: IP addressing, equipment, VLAN and Subnetting
- Experience with Windows Server and Linux
- Good knowledge of Backup equipment: robotics (HP, Overland, Quantum), Virtual Tape Library
- Experience in ITIL, Project Management and Agile methods
- Good knowledge of programmability and automation tools (Python, Rest API, JSON, Ansible)
- Experience with bash scripting
- Fluent in English / French
- Degree holder in Information Technology / Computer Science or other relevant field
- Vendors certification on Comvault, Veeam and Avamar