- Beckenham, UK
Link Asset Services is a fast growing, dynamic business with market leading positions across our areas of expertise – funds, market services, corporates and private client, and banking and credit management services. With offices across the UK and Europe we are part of Link Group who are headquartered in Australia. A truly global organisation, Link Group provides us with a strong platform to realise our growth ambitions and continue to build on our success.
You can play a key part in this – at Link Asset Services we recognise the importance of supporting and developing our people, so we listen to colleagues, train our teams and invest in great working environments. Add to that a culture that champions respect and integrity, a diverse and inclusive colleague base and a commitment to positively influence the communities we work with and you’ll get a flavour of life at Link. At the bottom of this role advert, you’ll find more information on why you’ll enjoy working with us…
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a Procedure Writer to join the Business Readiness team for Corporate Markets, documenting processes and procedures for a developing software platform administering share registers and share plans. Not merely operational guides, the procedures will have a wider purpose in supporting staff training and business continuity.
The work will be varied and challenging, in addition allowing you to grow your technical skill set and build knowledge within the financial services sector. As part of the Business Readiness team, there will be the opportunity to develop business analysis skills and provide input to the development of documents and document management processes.
- Build strong working relationships with subject matter experts (SMEs), technical leads and other business stakeholders.
- Engage with business stakeholders and SMEs to acquire operational knowledge and procedures.
- Work with business stakeholders and SMEs to write, edit, proof-read and maintain procedure documents.
- Issue procedure documents, using the appropriate review cycle, to relevant stakeholder in accordance with project deadlines.
- Plan, monitor and escalate tasks and issues encountered, reporting to the Lead Procedure Writer, Business Change Manager or Project Manager where delivery will not meet defined dates.
- Maintain change and version control of documents, taking ownership to ensure that quality and accuracy are maintained.
- Enforce content governance, authoring processes and standards - work within a prescribed model that allows us to consistently generate accurate, user-friendly documents.
- Support the Business Assurance Testers on testing activities that will prove the accuracy of the procedures and ensure any deficiencies/ambiguity are amended for re-testing as required.
- Work with the training team and business functions to help employees understand and implement the completed processes.
- Identify connections between separate processes.
- Support maintenance of online repository of procedures, ensuring access control is appropriate
- Good communication skills (written and oral) with a proven track record of translating technical subjects and jargon into understandable text.
- Strong MS Word
- High standard of written English, with a clear and concise writing style
- Previous experience of procedure writing in a commercial or IT environment (or similar document writing experience)
- Able to think creatively and adapt quickly
- Able to absorb information quickly
- Organised and methodical in general approach to work
- Enjoy working in an open, collaborative style both in management and cross-functional working and have a positive, solution-focused approach
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Previous experience within the Financial Services sector.
- Previous experience working in a project environment.
- Knowledge of MS Visio.
- Knowledge of MS SharePoint.
Link Group’s purpose statement ‘Together we achieve’ reflects how much we value working together: with each other; with our clients; and with third parties, to help everyone achieve success – both personal and professional
We have an ongoing commitment to career progression, training and education as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package that under pins this.
At Link, you’ll find we support achievement and celebrate success. So, if you want to be a part of this, click the ‘I’m Interested’ or Apply button…