Client Relationship Senior Associate (German Speaker)
- Frankfurt, Germany
D.F. King is a leading international proxy solicitation and information agent company, specialising in mergers & acquisitions, shareholder communications, corporate governance and investor relations related services. D.F. King is a fully owned company of Link Group.
With offices across the UK and Europe, we are part of Link Group which is headquartered in Australia. Link Group has over 7,000 employees worldwide across 17 locations and is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange. A truly global organisation, Link Group provides us with a strong platform to realise our growth ambitions and continue to build on our success.
You can play a key part in this – at Link we recognise the importance of supporting and developing our people, so we listen to colleagues, train our teams and invest in great working environments.
Add to that a culture that champions respect and integrity, a diverse and inclusive colleague base and a commitment to positively influence the communities we work with and you’ll get a flavour of life at Link.
At the bottom of this role advert, you’ll find more information on why you’ll enjoy working with us…
In order to sustain our growing business, we are looking for a motivated and dedicated Senior Associate (based at our office in Eschborn, near Frankfurt) who will work closely with our Director, DACH and will assist the Head of Operations and Managing Director EMEA and other Directors with managing proxy solicitation, M&A and corporate governance projects. The Senior Associate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of certain projects/campaigns that are assigned to him/her.
More precisely, the main responsibilities of the Client Relationship Associate will consist of:
• Assisting the Director, Germanics and the London proxy team by building relations with institutional investors (investment houses, private client brokers, custodian banks etc.) by telephone and email in order to provide information regarding upcoming corporate actions (such as general meetings of shareholders and M&A transactions) to clarify their awareness of projects and to ascertain their views and actions. Coordinating tasks and communication between the various team members in London, Germany and France.
• Addressing and advising on clients’ corporate governance in relation to best practice and any particular D.F. King mandate. This may include the drafting (or assisting in drafting) of corporate governance studies on a particular company’s proposed resolutions or the organization/participation in corporate governance roadshows for certain of D.F. King’s clients
• Researching and sharing intelligence on major corporate governance subjects, topics and themes
• Assisting the Directors, DACH, and other team members with the running of client’s AGM or EGM proxy campaigns and surveying investors. Managing the day-to-day actions of the projects/campaigns that are assigned including campaigns to both institutional investors and retail shareholders
• Collecting information regarding institutional investor behaviour (for example, information received from pro-active calls or emails, but also research of publicly available investor policies), analysing this information and producing client specific research.
• Building and maintaining a good relationship with existing clients
• Participating on conference calls with clients regarding their projects/campaigns
• In case of a retail project/campaign, organizing and setting-up dedicated telephony, drafting retail scripts and Q&A and training calling agents
• Contacting financial institutions (investment houses, custodian banks etc.)
• Analyzing data
• Preparing regular reporting for each project/campaign
• Producing/writing/reviewing reports in a variety of formats including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Answering investors’ and clients’ queries
• Mentoring, training and, if required, managing junior members of staff and temporary workers
• Travelling within Europe may be required from time to time in relation to on-going client mandates or to meet prospect clients
• Proxy and/or Corporate Governance experience
• Good knowledge of financial markets
The position holder should possess the following key attributes:
- Minimum of 3-4 year of relevant professional experience in a position with client exposure;
- Interest and basic knowledge in both the financial markets and corporate governance/ESG would be considered as an advantage;
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to meet and manage strict deadlines;
- Excellent attention to details and accuracy;
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced work environment;
- Excellent customer service focus with a truly client service mindset;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with strong interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in MS packages with strong Excel experience;
- Excellent standard of oral and written communications skills in German and English.
Link Group’s purpose statement ‘Together we achieve’ reflects how much we value working together: with each other; with our clients; and with third parties, to help everyone achieve success – both personal and professional
We have an ongoing commitment to career progression, training and education as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package that under pins this.
At Link, you’ll find we support achievement and celebrate success. So, if you want to be a part of this, click the ‘I’m Interested’ or Apply button…