Head of Insolvency Practitioners (IP)
- Dublin, Ireland
The Head of IP for the Cerberus (“Client”) Mandates will primarily involve leading, supporting, developing and managing the various IP teams across all of the mandates which consists of c.45 colleagues.
The IP teams manage 5,000 properties and the essential aim will be to work with colleagues, the IP's and professionals to dispose of these properties in a short to medium term horizon, and in line with business plans. Together with responsibility for the ongoing leadership and management of the teams, the successful candidate will be tasked with the delivery of agreed strategies across a range of asset classes with the ultimate aim of maximising recovery for the Client. The successful candidate will also ensure that all legislative, credit policies and best practice guidelines are incorporated into the team procedures.
The role is part of the senior team delivering to the Cerberus mandate.
Please note this position may be based in our Dublin, Maynooth or Belfast office.
This is a list of the functions/actions to be performed to deliver the necessary outputs and outcomes.
- Provide leadership to the various IP teams to ensure that strong relationships are developed with the Client, teams are led efficiently and services are delivered in a first class manner.
- Contribute to general operational decisions, including target setting, staff planning, policy development and ensuring directives are incorporated into the Team’s operations.
- Lead the team providing regular communication updates together with mentoring support to team members to both promote staff development and maximise team performance.
- Attend and contribute to internal strategy forums as required.
- Implement asset management strategies, as agreed with the Client to maximise financial return.
- Manage all pre-market activity to achieve minimal delays in getting properties onto the market, through effective and efficient process controls.
- Lead engagement with and drive effective Third party Relationship Management which includes management and direction of receivers to pro-actively liaise with agents, ensuring that best possible financial return is achieved
- Proactively drive the receivers to ensure sales contracts close and cash proceeds are received in a timely manner and in line with market
- Implement business processes to ensure that receiver’s performance levels and service delivery are monitored on a regular basis via milestone based periodic reviews.
- Produce accurate and reliable MI for the Client, Senior Management on Sales and Stock levels at all times.
- Asset enhancement, protection, tenant/lease management and overall asset strategy options are to be forensically analysed to determine best recovery/realisation options.
- Provide active management of BAU activities and drive improvements in efficiency across work processes
- The successful candidate will be expected to remain current with changes in the industry and regulation and ensure ongoing compliance.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience of managing and leading multiple teams.
- Leadership and motivation skills
- Proven track record of identifying and exceeding targets in a fast paced and regulated environment
- Strong relationship management experience
- Lending and debt recoveries experience across a number of asset classes (residential, commercial, land and SME’s).
- Experience in managing assets through the insolvency process; incorporating liquidation and receivership.
- Ability to determine optimal recovery strategies with reference to underlying security held.
- Working knowledge of local tax, legal and accounting regulations.
- An ability to prioritise and reprioritise when necessary to ensure critical tasks are delivered accurately and on deadline
- Relevant Business and/or Property degree or equivalent qualification
- QFA/APA qualification or comparable.
· Strong leadership and motivation skills.
· Excellent drive, enthusiasm and commitment.
· A clear focus on quality and efficiency.
· Results focused with a particular emphasis on attention to detail.
· Ability to manage stakeholders and act as a key relationship point of contact.
· Ensures that high service standards are consistently delivered.
· Highly motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
· Sound commercial acumen and excellent planning skills.
· Excellent communication skills written and verbal are essential.
· Embraces new tasks/challenges and is a highly organised professional.
· Ability to prioritise and work independently under pressure within a team environment.