- Leeds, UK
Link Asset Services is a fast growing, dynamic business with market leading positions across our areas of expertise – funds, market services, corporates and private client, and banking and credit management services. With offices across the UK and Europe we are part of Link Group who are headquartered in Australia. A truly global organisation, Link Group provides us with a strong platform to realise our growth ambitions and continue to build on our success.
You can play a key part in this – at Link Asset Services we recognise the importance of supporting and developing our people, so we listen to colleagues, train our teams and invest in great working environments. Add to that a culture that champions respect and integrity, a diverse and inclusive colleague base and a commitment to positively influence the communities we work with and you’ll get a flavour of life at Link. At the bottom of this role advert, you’ll find more information on why you’ll enjoy working with us…
The Business Analyst will plan and manage the delivery of business system projects and associated technical support services in line with business objectives and ongoing operations.
Business Analysts must analyse and synthesize information provided by a large number of people who interact with the business, such as customers, staff, IT professionals, and executives. The business analyst is responsible for eliciting the actual needs of stakeholders, not simply their expressed desires. In many cases, the business analyst will also work to ease communication between organizational units. In particular, business analysts often play a central role in aligning the needs of business units with the capabilities delivered by information technology, and may serve as a translator between those groups.
The BA will establish effective working relationships with the project, BA and PMO teams, and be responsible for staff application developments and technology vendor relationship management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with the business users and Group IT teams, and facilitate communications and educations between the two disciplines.
- Facilitate meetings, produce and publish required minutes.
- Complete tasks as per work package and responsibility matrix.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers.
- Business troubleshooting.
- Act as point of contact if service delivery manager is unavailable.
- Attends weekly Group IT team meetings.
- Supports plans for work demand
Operational Requirements Include:
- Provides business case input.
- Assist in stakeholder buy-in for proposed solution/enhancement.
- Managing requirement gathering workshops and producing outputs.
- Perform functional analysis and design through a structured approach.
- Completion of business requirements specifications.
- Communicate the business problem to development teams and the enterprise architect (as required)
- Completing ‘As is’ and ‘To be’ analysis including visio swim lane process mapping.
- Management of required logs (e.g. issue and risk)
- Support project roll outs and user training as required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Business Analyst within an enterprise IT environment
- Expertise in requirements gathering
- Strong background in writing functional specifications
- Expertise in process flows and data flows required
- Specialism in data modelling
- A background in functional analysis
- Experience in quality management systems
- Project life-cycle knowledge of requirements gathering
- An appreciation of analysis methodologies, standards, tools and techniques
- Experience in financial services environment
- Experience of system and User acceptance testing
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle
Position Requirements – desirable
- Finance sector knowledge
- IT Systems Knowledge
- Appreciation and knowledge of a successful multi-faceted Finance Business
- Strong presentation skills
- Sound understanding of technology and infrastructure.
Link Group’s purpose statement ‘Together we achieve’ reflects how much we value working together: with each other; with our clients; and with third parties, to help everyone achieve success – both personal and professional
We have an ongoing commitment to career progression, training and education as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package that under pins this.
At Link, you’ll find we support achievement and celebrate success. So, if you want to be a part of this, click the ‘I’m Interested’ or Apply button…
Leeds office benefits:
- Parking on site
- Subsidised canteen serving breakfast and lunch
- Subsidised high street coffee shops on site
- Free shuttle service from Leeds Bus Station and Leeds Train Station twice an hour from 6AM to 11PM
- Free office fruit baskets delivered twice per week
- Within walking distance of the White Rose Shopping Centre
- Easy access to M62, M621 and a 5 minute drive to Leeds City Centre