Trainee Company Secretary
- London, UK
Link Asset Services is a fast growing, dynamic business with market leading positions across our areas of expertise – funds, market services, corporates and private client, and banking and credit management services. With offices across the UK and Europe we are part of Link Group who are headquartered in Australia. A truly global organisation, Link Group provides us with a strong platform to realise our growth ambitions and continue to build on our success.
Our highly regarded international company secretarial business – Company Matters, is well-known for its expertise in corporate governance and company secretarial administration. With offices in the UK, Europe and Australasia we support domestic and international clients will all aspects of their company secretarial and governance needs and have a long-standing reputation of providing class-leading services to listed businesses.
As part of our close-knit team you will work alongside our qualified Chartered Secretaries helping to deliver the full suite of company secretarial services to a diverse portfolio of UK and international clients, including high-profile listed companies. As part of this trainee role, you will have the opportunity to complete the International Qualifying Scheme from the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
Day to day you will gain experience in:
- board meeting preparation including the collation and production of board packs
- attendance at board and committee meetings with minute taking responsibilities
- statutory and regulatory compliance and use of Blueprint Oneworld
- drafting and releasing of stock exchange announcements
- assisting and supporting the Annual General Meeting process
- assisting with the production and project management of Annual Report & Accounts
- ensuring governance best practice for all clients and internal companies
- contributing to our internal technical training initiatives
- Team orientated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and flexible approach to workload
- High level of accuracy; good attention to detail
- Business and commercial awareness
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Recognised degree (preferably 2:1 or above) or equivalent qualification
To apply for the role, a degree is required, with the understanding that unless the candidate holds a Masters in Corporate Governance they will also be required to enter the ICSA Chartered Secretaries Qualifying Scheme. This qualification takes c3 years to complete and full study support is offered.
To support your application a covering letter setting out your interest in a career in corporate governance is required.