Desk Side Support Engineer
- Beckenham, UK
We are part of Link Group, a leading global provider of financial administration solutions. As one of Europe’s leading asset servicing platforms, Link Asset Services interacts with almost 6m investors, administering and safeguarding £600bn of assets across 10 highly regulated markets.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Desk Side Support Engineer to join our IT team based in Beckenham.
In this role you will be responsible for providing end user hardware, software and infrastructure support. You will work closely with the End User Support Team to to provide second and third line operational support and ensure timely and efficient resolution of incidents and service requests.
What being a Desk Side Support Engineer involves:
- Efficient and effective delivery of second and third line operational support including (but not limited to) desktop and client support, local server and network support, desk-side delivery and desk-side delivery and desk-side training of end users.
- Collect and maintain accurate, detailed information about all support tickets assigned to you in the ITSM tool to provide relevant information to other IT support teams and facilitate effective service management reporting.
- Own and resolve tickets raised via the Service Desk using the incident management and request fulfilment processes.
- Proactively support the investigation of problems and help identify workarounds, fixes and root causes. Implement solutions as agreed with the End User Support Manager and Problem Management Team.
- Manage user relationships and engage with the Service Delivery Team and third party providers as required
Skills and Qualities you will need:
- Excellent understanding and awareness of technology
- Good understanding and awareness of ITIL tools and processes
- At least one years experience of providing support in a similar role
- Customer focused
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Members of our IT Team come from a variety of backgrounds but what unites us is our desire to provide a professional, consistent and reliable service in support of our business.
If you are a strong team player with a passion for IT and service excellence we would delighted like to hear from you.