Customer Service Representative
- Beckenham, UK
Link Asset Services is a fast growing, dynamic business with market leading positions across our areas of expertise – funds, market services, corporates and private client, and banking and credit management services. With offices across the UK and Europe we are part of Link Group who are headquartered in Australia. A truly global organisation, Link Group provides us with a strong platform to realise our growth ambitions and continue to build on our success.
You can play a key part in this – at Link Asset Services we recognise the importance of supporting and developing our people, so we listen to colleagues, train our teams and invest in great working environments. Add to that a culture that champions respect and integrity, a diverse and inclusive colleague base and a commitment to positively influence the communities we work with and you’ll get a flavour of life at Link. At the bottom of this role advert, you’ll find more information on why you’ll enjoy working with us…
At an exciting time for our business, we have a vacancy for a Customer Service Representative in our Accredited Customer Support Centre. This is a varied and challenging role, handling telephone and email enquiries in a fast-paced environment. Full training will be provided so we are looking for someone with excellent customer service skills and a positive and flexible attitude.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to begin their career within a growing organisation and because we are invested in our employee's development, after the successful completion of your probation you will be enrolled onto our apprenticeship scheme where you will complete Investment Operations Administrator – level two. The apprenticeship is the first step in building a broad understanding of the purpose and structure of the financial services industry, our organisation, its function within the industry and the role in which you play.
Description of duties
- Handle inbound contact – both phone calls and emails - within our contact centre, providing information on a shareholder/employees financial investment.
- Gain expert knowledge and awareness of our products & procedures to be able to clearly explain information in an understandable way.
- Demonstrate strong verbal communication skills and a passion for great customer service. Use appropriate methods to lead the conversation, identify and meet caller’s needs whilst keeping call duration within the set targets.
- Keep your knowledge up to date by completing mandatory training / regular reading within the prescribed timeframe.
- Escalate queries, complaints, risks and issues promptly
- Accurately record information in the relevant systems
- Use core systems to interrogate and / or update data and deal with service enquiries
- Identify opportunities for process improvements that positively impact the customer’s experience
- Support and assist other teams / projects during busy periods, holidays and absence
- Be responsible for your self-development and pro-actively progress your own training
Minimum GCSE level (or equivalent)
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word and Visio)
- Confident communication skills – both written and oral.
- Demonstrates at all times respect with colleagues and customers
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrates professionalism by possessing an in-depth understanding of good customer service
- Demonstrates a good team working ethic
- Commitment to self-development
Link Group’s purpose statement ‘Together we achieve’ reflects how much we value working together: with each other; with our clients; and with third parties, to help everyone achieve success – both personal and professional
We have an ongoing commitment to career progression, training and education as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package that under pins this.
At Link, you’ll find we support achievement and celebrate success. So, if you want to be a part of this, click the ‘I’m Interested’ or Apply button…
- 23 days annual leave, rising to 25 days after 2 years service
- Funded employee development (IOC Certificate)
- Discount to the Mytime Leisure Centres
- Social events for the Customer Support Centre
- Free office fruit baskets delivered twice per week
- Within walking distance of Beckenham High Street
- Easy access via public transport - bus, tram and train
- Discount to the Mytime Leisure Centres
- Discounted high street voucher scheme