- Belfast, UK
Asset Services is part of Link Group’s Asset Services division and works in partnership internationally with almost 7,000 clients including asset managers and investors, business managers, asset owners, trustees, issuers and borrowers. We provide the infrastructure through which assets are secured or deployed in both regulated and unregulated markets.
Asset Services is looking for an AML Officer to work on secondment with one of our main clients in their Belfast office.
The successful candidate will work as part of the European KYC (Know Your Client) team. This is a challenging role requiring an ability to work calmly under pressure and manage the demands of internal and external stakeholders.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Review documentation collated by Servicers to ensure each submission is accurate and completed to the required standard
- Perform anti-money laundering checks in line with internal KYC / AML policies and procedures
- Submit documentation to the Group Compliance Department in New York and deal with any queries arising therefrom
- Interact with Servicers and Third Parties in relation to documentation required and queries raised
- Provide detailed MI and reports on a regular basis in relation to submissions received
- Participate in regular working group meetings involving internal and external stakeholders in order to continually improve all working relationships and processes
- University graduate with a degree in a complimentary discipline desirable but not essential
- Previous experience within an AML / Compliance Team or professional / financial services environment required
- Understanding of typical legal structures, including limited companies, partnerships and trusts
- Familiarity with public sources of information available in the UK / NI / ROI and other jurisdictions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Well organised with the ability to manage a number of tasks under demanding deadlines
- Flexible individual with a desire to exceed project goals
- Previous experience in handling confidential and commercially sensitive information
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Italian is desirable, but not essential
Our people are the reason we are able to deliver market-leading data and information solutions for companies, large asset owners and trustees worldwide. That's why we invest heavily in our employees globally by providing great career progression and training opportunities, working environment and employee benefits.