Data Engineer (Remote option)
- Berlin, Germany
At Lingoda, we believe that language transforms lives.
We are changing the way languages are learned. With our students at the centre, it is our mission to empower even the busiest people to master a language and unlock their potential - anytime, anywhere. Our pupils learn German, English, French and Spanish, all with qualified native speakers in both group and private classes.
We are currently on the hunt for a Data Engineer to ensure that decision makers can access reliable, relevant data. As a data engineer you will work with a team that is responsible for data services end to end, including data warehousing, real time decisioning pipelines, and frameworks for data quality measures. You will design the structure of a new data lake and manage all pipelines. The position is full time, preferred working remotely (VoIP meetings required) or possibly from our Berlin office.
Some technologies we are/will use are Kinesis/SNS/SQS, Spark, Glue, MySQL, Postgres, and Data Virtuality.
Lingoda is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced, international environment. Skills required for the job:
- A degree in computer science/data engineering or equivalent working experience.
- Experience in several of the technologies we use: Event Bus (Kinesis, SNS/SQS etc.), Scala, Spark, Glue, SQL (MySQL & Postgres).
- Basic database administration tasks.
- A burning curiosity in all things data: governance, warehousing, and insights.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
A few things that would help you stand out from the crowd. Experience in:
- Web analytics/tracking.
- Data privacy practices. That is, building an infrastructure to anonymise data and restrict it to a subset of users.
- 2+ years work experience in a similar role with the relevant degree(s) or 4+ years of work experience in a similar role otherwise.
What you can expect from us
- A high level of autonomy in your work from day one.
- Free language classes, enabling you, too, to unlock your full potential.
- Regular working hours in our super central Berlin office (near Checkpoint Charlie).
- A real start-up atmosphere with flat hierarchies and open communication - every voice counts at Lingoda!
- A young, international and highly motivated team who are always open to social activities!