Sales Engineer - Cloud Networking - US
- 4 Alemany Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
ABOUT OUR FIRM:
Lightspeed Human Capital Management Inc. is considered a global leader in the recruitment of top Sales, Technical Sales (Pre/Post), Support, Marketing, Product Management and Product Marketing candidates in the Cyber Security space. In the past year, the Lightspeed Recruiting team has delivered top level candidates for the clients considered BEST IN CLASS including award winners – focusing on security technologies. Our candidates have repeatedly been the TOP candidates in Sales Achievement, Leadership and Business Excellence. How so we know? Our clients call to Thank Us a Year after placements are made…this is success.
CLIENT INDUSTRY: Cloud Networking
REPORTING TO: Director of Sales Engineering
JOB TITLE(s): Sales Engineer, Virtualization SME, NASP Sales
Our client is seeking a seasoned Sales Engineer to perform a strategic subject matter expert role focused on cloud/virtualization visibility for private and public cloud/SDN deployments in carrier environments. This individual contributor must be a team player with a proven track record translating product knowledge into sales. Reporting to the Director of NA Service Provider Sales Engineering, the candidate will be ready to complement/overlay account teams either at the customer premise or remote with highly technical discussions and presentations, solution alignments, on-site installations, post deployment guidance, and strategic follow up with respect to ongoing feature needs and solution refinement. The candidate must have an appreciation of the key challenges facing carriers deploying virtualized solutions in their private clouds/SDNs or migrations to the public cloud. The candidate will be the “go to” technical escalation within the NASP sales team. Leveraging excellent cross-functional project leadership skills and strong and detailed product definition skills will be a must.
The ideal candidate has an excellent foundational understanding of virtualization platforms such as VMware (ESX, NSX) and OpenStack (OVS/Neutron) along with current NFV market dynamics. Working knowledge of public clouds is highly advantageous (AWS, Azure, Google). Equally, the candidate has a strong understanding of physical network visibility next-gen packet broker and tap/aggregation principles. Much of our current business involves networks in a hybrid-like “transition” mode from physical to virtual so it is critical this individual bridge the two worlds.
- Provide SE-level subject matter expertise in the NASP territory for our client’s NFV/SDN and Cloud visibility products. Strong presentation and communication skills either in person (on-site) or remote (WebEx, phone, etc.) are a must.
- Ready to assist customers in the various stages of planning, installation, and deployment; ability to train (informal) is a significant plus.
- Collaborate with NFV-focused HQ stakeholders within Product Line Management and Engineering in identifying customer needs and industry trends and translating them into future features and solution sets.
- Attend formal training as necessary and approved by Director of NASP SEs to solidify and maintain strong NFV knowledge as it relates to carrier environments (i.e. 4G/LTE/CUPS/5G; CDNs; Triple-play delivery, etc.).
- Assess the competitive landscape to help keep NASP team and HQ abreast of external threats and challenges.
- As time permits, collaborate with SP-focused HQ peers in the creation of compelling sales enablement and customer-facing assets conveying the our client’s message, including: presentations, white papers, web pages, battle cards, sales playbooks, blogs, press articles and promotions.
- On occasion, be willing to support and assist account-based SEs with various tasks or projects either related or not to NFV and Cloud. The NASP team is highly collaborative and team oriented so hence the candidate should be prepared to contribute as requested to ensure success (position is paid on team quota).
- Bachelor Degree in a technical area (Computer Science, Computer Engineering); or equivalent work experience.
- 8-10 years experience in a Pre-Sales Engineering role in carrier ethernet and/or network monitoring.
- Solid industry knowledge of IEEE 802.3 Ethernet and TCP/IP Internetworking.
- Strong working knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMWare and OpenStack/KVM. LINUX is highly preferred.
- Effective technical presentation skills with projected material (Powerpoint) or hand drawn whiteboard illustration.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Project management a major plus.
- Must be self-motivated, intuitive thinker, passionate for knowledge, autonomous worker, highly resourceful individual
- Comfortable with technical and business English usage (document reading, e-mails, conference calls via WebEx)
- Travel 30-40% of time within the territory account sites
Lightspeed Human Capital Management Inc. is a global leader in international recruitment services, specializing in Network Optimization, Service Assurance, Security, OSS/BSS, and SDN/NFV within the telecom space. Lightspeed works with leading clients in the technology sector and is always looking for exceptional candidates searching for their next opportunity. If this sounds like you, connect with us on LinkedIn, follow us on Twitter @talentxfactor, and visit our website www.talentxfactor.com.