Senior Product Manager
- Chestnut St, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
ABOUT OUR FIRM:
Lightspeed Human Capital Management Inc. is considered a global leader in the recruitment of top Sales, Technical Sales (Pre/Post), Support, Marketing, Product Management and Product Marketing candidates in the Cyber Security space. In the past year, the Lightspeed Recruiting team has delivered top level candidates for the clients considered BEST IN CLASS including award winners – focusing on security technologies. Our candidates have repeatedly been the TOP candidates in Sales Achievement, Leadership and Business Excellence. How so we know? Our clients call to Thank Us a Year after placements are made…this is success.
CLIENT INDUSTRY: Cloud
REPORTING TO: Chief Product Officer
JOB TITLE(s): Senior Product Manager
Our client is a well-funded Series A Silicon Valley startup that has built the world’s best enterprise-class cloud infrastructure management platform. Our customer leverages advanced machine learning to deliver cloud infrastructure optimization. The company already has flagship paying customers including several top internet vendors.
As product manager, YOU are CEO of your product and need to enjoy thinking through what it takes to build a world-class product, how to communicate that to engineering, and how to see it through a successful launch.
- In this position, you will help drive growth by defining the product, features and make sure it is tuned to the market and to our customers.
- Work directly with customers to understand their problems and requirements
- Identify and present innovative and creative product solutions.
- Conduct market analysis, competitive analysis and product strategy.
- Gather and synthesize requirements to define compelling product.
- Broker and facilitate product decisions cross functionally.
- Balance business and user needs with technical constraints
- Discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommending alternative approaches, and lead and inspire engineering efforts to meet objectives.
- Validate requirements and resulting product with customers to ensure success
- Structure effective experimentation frameworks for A/B testing feature impact on key metrics and doing cohort analysis.
- Maintain strong understanding of relevant technologies, contribute as a thought leader in the security industry.
- Produce case studies, white papers, presentations, and other materials to help evangelize the product.
- Ultimately, be awesome at understanding what and how to build things people need even if they don't know it yet. Strong background in the Networking industry, with a preferred focus on cloud, hyperscale and IaaS.
- 3+ years of product management experience at a successful company in the security, infrastructure, networking or a related software field.
- Strong background in the Cloud industry, with a preferred focus on the security, infrastructure as a service
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Solid experience with the product development process especially with an iterative methodology such as AgileScrum.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Self-starter with high levels of initiative, commitment and energy who can galvanize the team to follow.
- Familiarity with the needs of medium and large enterprise customers. · You need to be really good at computers and the Internet. Seriously.
Lightspeed Human Capital Management Inc. is a global leader in international recruitment services, specializing in Network Optimization, Service Assurance, Security, OSS/BSS, and SDN/NFV within the telecom space. Lightspeed works with leading clients in the technology sector and is always looking for exceptional candidates searching for their next opportunity. If this sounds like you, connect with us on LinkedIn, follow us on Twitter @talentxfactor, and visit our website www.talentxfactor.com.