Sr. Systems Sales Engineer
- East Coast, Washington DC, Philadelphia PA, Charlotte NC, DC
ABOUT OUR FIRM:
Lightspeed Human Capital Management Inc. is considered a global leader in the recruitment of top Sales, Technical Sales (Pre/Post), Support, Marketing, Product Management and Product Marketing candidates in the Data Center Technology space. In the past year, the Lightspeed Recruiting team has delivered top level candidates for the clients considered BEST IN CLASS including award winners – focusing on Virtualization and Cloud technologies. Our candidates have repeatedly been the TOP candidates in Sales Achievement, Leadership and Business Excellence. How we do know? Our clients call to Thank Us a Year after placements are made…this is success.
CLIENT INDUSTRY: SDDC, Cloud, Intent-based Networking
COMPETITORS: Cisco, Juniper, Arista
REPORTING TO: VP WW Sales
JOB TITLE(s): Sr. Systems Sales Engineer
Senior Systems Sales Engineer
We are seeking Senior Systems Engineers to work with our advanced customers in the mid-Atlantic and east coast in this highly technical role. This is a very visible and key position within this rapidly growing company.
You will be the technical side of the Sales team, both an expert and visionary in the field. You will be responsible for educating customers, understanding their technical & business issues, managing their deployment and development projects, providing support, and helping to develop and refine its innovative solutions. You must have strong communication skills for customer presentations, industry events and providing a feedback loop to Product Management.
- Analyze customer network infrastructure for potential opportunities to demonstrate our solution’s unique capabilities
- Work independently to evaluate prospective customers’ networks and deliver the appropriate evaluation, ROI, savings, proposed operational evolution and associated process management
- Work closely with Sales and Engineering to resolve technical issues that arise during customer testing and demo creation
- Create compelling test plans, demos, and customer presentations
- Drive improved testing, demos, deployment, architecture, monitoring and reports leading to compelling pre-sales support for sales organization
- Participate in internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve our methodology and quality of performance testing
- Work with customer success team during onboarding process
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or related field), with 10-12 years of experience in data networking environments.
A strong technical knowledge of datacenter networking is crucial as is hands-on experience with automation as it relates to networking devices.
- BS degree in engineering, computer science or similar relevant field or equivalent
- Deep technical knowledge of datacenter network architecture, SDN, and large-scale private cloud networks. Knowledge of IBNS is a plus.
- Experience with network technologies (routing, switching, automation, systems management, troubleshooting and architecture) including knowledge from the application layer down to the physical layer
- Proficiency in configuration and troubleshooting common network vendor solutions with Cisco, Arista, Cumulus, Juniper and Snaproute a plus
- Knowledge of automation technologies including Ansible playbooks, Chef recipes, Puppet, Python scripting and JSON programming is preferred
- Experience using network management and troubleshooting tools
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
Additional experience in the following areas is highly desirable:
- Prior hands-on experience with large scale enterprise networking.
- Experience working with REST APIs.
- A strong foundation in Linux use and administration.
- Data networking certifications i.e. CCDP, CCIE or equivalent.
- Knowledge on SDN, Openstack, Big Data, Cloud Data Centers, and Virtualization.
- Knowledge on network monitoring, automation, network availability and capacity planning
Lightspeed Human Capital Management Inc. is a global leader in international recruitment services, specializing in Network Optimization, Service Assurance, Security, OSS/BSS, and SDN/NFV within the telecom space. Lightspeed works with leading clients in the technology sector and is always looking for exceptional candidates searching for their next opportunity. If this sounds like you, connect with us on LinkedIn, follow us on Twitter @talentxfactor, and visit our website www.talentxfactor.com.