If it’s iGaming, we know a thing or two. Our iGaming business is the digital arm of Light & Wonder. We are the world’s leading iGaming aggregation platform and content creation provider. The gaming industry is evolving at pace and there is a huge opportunity to continue to grow our leading position. Together with the wider Light & Wonder business we are uniquely positioned to transform the player experience, focused on being the world’s leading cross platform games company.
At Light & Wonder iGaming, guided by a culture that values daring teamwork and creativity, we build new worlds of play, developing game experiences loved by players around the globe. Light & Wonder is going through an impressive transformation to become the leading cross-platform global game company.
Reporting to Light & Wonder’s iGaming SVP, Deputy General Counsel, the aim of this role is to provide the full range of commercial legal support to Light & Wonder’s fast paced, growing igaming business, on a global basis.
Fantastic opportunity for a dynamic, enthusiastic, and ambitious junior lawyer or experienced paralegal to expand their knowledge base and gain invaluable experience across a diverse range of legal areas to further their career in this exciting and fast paced industry.
This is an initial 12 month FTC for maternity cover, with the possibility to extend
Responsibilities will include:
- drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts, including NDA’s, standard licensing agreements, content licenses, aggregation agreements, general commercial agreements
- working with internal clients on general legal queries and contract querires
- supporting senior lawyers on complex multi-product, multi- jurisdictional licensing arrangements and M&A activities.
- managing and updating the teams template database and providing training to internal clients on the use of contracts and the contract management tool.
- Minimum of 3 years of general commercial contract drafting and negotiating experience
- Familiarity with legal issues impacting provision of digital technology and related transactions, including software licensing, development and integration, intellectual property rights, data protection and e-commerce
Preferred Work Experience
- Major law firm experience
- Mix of major law firm and in-house experience preferred
- Gaming industry or entertainment industry and intellectual property licensing experience
- Gaming regulatory experience or experience in another regulated industry
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Solid experience in negotiating and drafting commercial contracts
- Self-motivation and ability to prioritize high volumes of responsibilities a must
- Outstanding legal writing and communication skills
- Strong ability to work independently and exercise sound legal reasoning, analysis and judgment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have a team mentality and the willingness to work on any issue across all levels of the organization
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
The ideal candidate will be a confident and capable individual, with sound experience of software or IT/ technology contracts with the ability to work openly and enthusiastically within a busy in-house legal team. The ideal candidate must be able to take a view on legal, commercial and technical issues and to flag issues as appropriate to senior members of the team.
The candidate should also be down-to-earth, personable and have good communication skills as well as be able to build good rapport with others within the legal team and wider business, including senior management.
Why would you enjoy working with us at Light & Wonder?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis
- Tangible and genuine development - at Light & Wonder, you can take your career where you want it to go!
This role can be based in the UK or Malta
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working practices whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.