Senior Game Artist
We are looking for a new artist to join our team and help us at Light and Wonder to help create the next level of online slot entertainment. Join us in pushing forward our own Ips as well as creating exciting games with our licensed partners.
The Game Artist is responsible for creating and developing high quality content and game imagery based on specific game mechanics/story boards and briefs. They will work in collaboration with other members of the art team to create stunning assets for use in projects and games. They should be able to create work in a variety of styles, work from briefs provided to them but also be able to create designs, illustrations and animations from their own sketches.
Working closely and collaboratively with other artists, animators and developers, the Game Artist’s work is vital to maintaining the high graphical fidelity that our games are known for. The Game Artist normal contribution to a game project would be the following:
- The design of characters, and props (realistic or cartoon style).
- Environments, backgrounds and textures.
- The creation of interfaces, symbols, logos and menus.
- Animation within Esoteric Spine.
The Game Artist delivers the highest standards game art while following intellectual property and copyright guidelines, meeting the production deadlines and demonstrates a sense of responsibility by ensuring the quality and visual consistency of their work.
The Game Artist must have the creative skills to produce assets quickly and efficiently and be fully proficient with the current tools of the trade such as the Photoshop/Creative Suite. A successful candidate would be able to demonstrate, though their work, a keen eye for composition, anatomy and colour theory.
All applications to this role should include a strong portfolio of work. This will include a decent number of examples showcasing various styles including:
- Examples of strong character design
- Examples of well-designed props/non organic design
- Examples of rendered backgrounds.
Your portfolio should include examples of 2D illustration and texturing in using Photoshop or similar graphics software package. Please also include any information that would help demonstrate:
- An understanding of animation software and techniques
- Knowledge of asset output for development
- Ability to work effectively when working with tight branding restrictions.
- Ability to visually express concepts and ideas through drawings and sketches.
- Knowledge of layout practices
- A solid understand of the software’s capabilities.
- Ability to animate within Esoteric Spine
- Experience with other areas of the Adobe Creative Suite: After Effects, Illustrator etc
- Familiarity with Maya 3D software
- Experience working within a studio environment where artists and developers collaborate.
The following are beneficial but not essential for a successful application:
- A university (bachelor’s) degree in a related field.
- Three to five years’ experience as an Artist, and a supporting portfolio in the online gaming, video game or multimedia industry.
Why would you enjoy working with us at Light & Wonder?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis
- Tangible and genuine development - at Light & Wonder, you can take your career where you want it to go!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working practices whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.