Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Light & Wonder is the global leader in cross-platform games and entertainment. The company brings together 5,000 employees from six continents to connect content between land-based and digital channels with unmatched technology and distribution. Guided by a culture that values daring teamwork and creativity, Light & Wonder builds new worlds of play, developing game experiences loved by players around the globe. The company’s OpenGaming(tm) platform powers the largest digital-gaming network in the industry. Light & Wonder is committed to the highest standards of integrity, from promoting player responsibility to implementing sustainable practices. To learn more, visit lnw.com.
We are on the look out for a Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing team and help us create better!
- Fulfilling responsibilities as a Manual tester
- Reviewing requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide a timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structed test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritise, planned and coordinate testing activities.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal studio teams (e.g., Developers, Product Owners, and Designers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and training users to implement solutions.
- Identify test requirements from the Specifications.
- Design test plans and scenarios covering features under development to determine product quality or release readiness.
- Implementing testing procedures and oversee the QA process.
- Troubleshooting quality issues and modifying test procedures
- Conducting analysis checks on products specifications
- Responding to requests from internal teams and QA Leads
- Document test procedures to ensure repeatability and compliance with standards.
- Execute manual campaigns and hotfix tests.
- Document software defects, monitor the progress in a timely manner, escalate aging and priority defects.
- Present test coverage matrix (Link test requirements to test cases)
- Proven work experience as a Quality Assurance Tester
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Web and Mobile software architecture knowledge
- Tool knowledge: Jira, TestRail, Confluence considered advantageous.
- Studio game testing experience considered advantageous.
- Familiarity with Rest API basics is considered beneficial.
- Leadership experience is a plus.
- ISTQB Certified
- High-level analytical skills / Critical thinker
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Avid communicator
- Organized, proactive, detail oriented as well as result driven
Why would you enjoy working with us at Light & Wonder?
Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace.
The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow.
Exciting projects with opportunities for creating positive change to our game engineering ecosystem.
And if that is not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.