Software Engineer (Java)
Light & Wonder is the global leader in cross-platform games and entertainment. The company brings together 5,000 employees from six continents to connect content between land-based and digital channels with unmatched technology and distribution. Guided by a culture that values daring teamwork and creativity, Light & Wonder builds new worlds of play, developing game experiences loved by players around the globe. The company’s OpenGaming(tm) platform powers the largest digital-gaming network in the industry. Light & Wonder is committed to the highest standards of integrity, from promoting player responsibility to implementing sustainable practices. To learn more, visit lnw.com.
We are on the look out of an experienced, talented, creative individual to work to a primarily technical role. As a Software Engineer, you will be working within a high performing agile team alongside other Software engineers, Test engineers, Software Architects, DevOps engineers and Business teams to shape and implement the technology and product deliverables that will drive forward our strategic initiatives.
- Design, develop, implement and support the architecture solution outline and address both technical and business needs
- Collaborate closely with a team of skilled developers, leveraging their expertise to identify and implement enhancements.
- Showcase your technical prowess by creating comprehensive documentation and contributing to code reviews.
- Demonstrate your troubleshooting and debugging skills to optimize the performance of our applications.
- Support the technical design process by participating in the analysis of technical application requirements
- Work closely with project managers to ensure project requirements are met, delivering exceptional results.
- Participate in team meetings, sharing your ideas and contributing to the overall success of the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, showcasing your dedication to technical excellence.
- 3+ years of experience in back-end application development using Java in standard edition and in an enterprise environment
- Experience in industry-standard development frameworks and tools such as Spring, Spring Boot, JPA, Junit
- Experience in industry-standard relational and non-relational database systems such as Postgres, MongoDB
- Detail-oriented, focusing on writing maintainable code of high quality (Clean Code, Clean Architecture, SOLID principles)
- Good understanding of RESTful API design principles
- Familiar with Continuous integration, Continuous Delivery and Agile practices
- Experience with version control tools like Git, SVN
- Familiarity with Linux systems
- Experience in cloud environments such as AWS will be considered as plus
- Collaborative mindset, thriving in a team-oriented environment and effectively collaborating with other developers
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to articulate complex concepts and work seamlessly with cross-functional teams
- Proven problem-solving abilities, enabling you to overcome challenges and drive impactful solutions
- Exceptional organizational skills, allowing you to juggle multiple projects and prioritize effectively
- Great work-life balance
Join our team today and unlock the boundless potential of Athens thriving tech scene. Apply now!
Why would you enjoy working with us at Light & Wonder?
Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace.
The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow.
Exciting projects with opportunities for creating positive change to our game engineering ecosystem.
And if that is not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.