Parent Education Coach (Part-Time)
- 1301 W State St, Trenton, NJ 08618, USA
LifeTies, Inc. is a person-centered agency. We value listening to, informing and involving youth, young adults and families in their care.
LifeTies, Inc. is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) employer. LifeTies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Engagement, monitoring, and supervision of all facets of Mommy and Me program.
SUPERVISED BY: Case Manager
- Professionalism and Ethics
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Detailed Oriented
- Ability to Empower
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for learning and carrying out the mission, policies and procedures of LIFETIES, INC.
- Responsible for being a positive representative of LIFETIES, INC in your appearance, actions and demeanor at all times
- Responsible for appropriate attire and professional behavior at all times
- Responsible for being a role model and provide appropriate guidance when needed
- Knowledge of best practices in parenting education is a plus
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development
- Knowledge of community resources for adolescent parents
- Responsible for a minimum of 1 (1-hour) group per week and 3 hours of direct parent support per person served
- Responsible for completing Mommy and Me education assessments and learning activities
- Responsible to complete progress notes in Apricot database
- Responsible to coordinate with group home administrative team
- Must participate in Case Management meetings- alternating Mondays
- Responsible for Mommy and Me youth and babies supervision and monitoring
- Responsible for creating recreational activities with Mommy and Me youth and babies
- Responsible for overseeing the completion of infant/child daily stimulation sessions and feeding charts
- Responsible for recommending additional services for Mommy and Me person served
- Responsible for assigning task to direct care staff
- Responsible for mother's meal progression, healthy eating and lifestyles for themselves and their children in collaboration with agency nurse and a nutritionist
- Other duties as assigned
- All positions are awake, active and alert*
The Parenting Education Coach must have a high school diploma or GED; Must have three years’ experience working with youth and families; along with experience working with the population served. The successful candidate must have experience working in a day care or program serving mothers and children ages 0-2. Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a criminal background check and all other agency requirements.
* Please attach a cover letter and resume when applying for this position *