- OH-37, Granville South, OH, USA
Licking Park District
Hours: 35-40 hours per week, must be flexible and able to work irregular hours occasionally, including evenings & weekends
Salary: $14.00 - $16.00 / hour
Summary: This position is responsible for assisting in the day to day operations, preparing financial documents and providing positive customer service interaction as a representative of the park district.
- Performs administrative duties; produces a variety of memos, reports and correspondence; prepares, maintains and retrieves departmental records and documents.
- Assist with mail as necessary; orders and maintains supplies.
- Organizes and maintains file system and files correspondence and other records.
- Receives and screens incoming departmental phone calls and forwards information submitted to appropriate individuals in the department.
- Coordinates staff schedules and makes appointments; coordinates and arranges meetings,
- Reserves park facilities and manage scheduling records.
- Posts financial updates and balance information periodically; prepares related financial reports, purchase orders and requisitions; checks, compares and verifies invoices, statements and deposits.
- Assists with programs, special events and volunteer activities on weekends and evenings when needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum 3 years experience working within administrative assistant role
High School Diploma, GED, Associate Degree or equivalent preferred
Outdoor recreation or environmental education experience preferred
Additional Qualifications (Agency/Dept. Qualifications):
- Experience driving a SUV or pickup truck is desired. Valid Ohio driver’s license. Clean driving record.
- First Aid, CPR & AED certification from American Red Cross, ANSI or American Heart Association.
- Most work is performed in an office setting, but may be required to occasionally work with volunteers in an outdoor park setting.
- Must be able to walk over varying terrain.
- Driving of utility vehicles over rough park trails will be required.
- Must be able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Must be able to be able to perform basic operational functions of stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, sitting, pulling, pushing, lifting, grasping, talking and hearing.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. in the function of moving objects.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
Application Procedures: Submit completed application, resume and cover letter to the Licking County Human Resources Department, 20 South Second Street, 3rd Floor, Newark, Ohio 43055. Applications can be obtained in person in the Human Resources Department between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. daily or printed from the web site at www.lcounty.com.
Successful candidates will be subject to Licking County’s pre-employment drug screen and background check
Licking County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.