- OH-37, Granville South, OH, USA
Licking Park District
Hours: 20 hours per week, regular schedule to be developed with the supervisor. There will be occasional evening and weekends for special events and volunteer projects.
Summary: This position is responsible for the coordination, planning, organizing, directing, engagement, and reporting of the volunteer program with the Licking Park District.
- Actively recruit volunteers for operational and program needs, to include recruiting through marketing, at trade shows, and at speaking engagements
- Promote volunteer opportunities to existing and potential volunteer base, through print, social media, web and volunteer sites
- Use and maintain Volgistics or similar database to track volunteers, projects and hours.
- Capture unreported volunteer hours
- Coordinate with United Way for Week of Caring project(s), including paperwork, project preparation and staff logistics
- Assist in volunteer logistics for the special events
- Assist in the preparation of the Volunteer Recognition Dinner
- Assist and develop Volunteer training programs
- Work with staff in identifying potential volunteer projects
- Match volunteers with projects
- Provide insight and ideas on ways for volunteers to engage with parks, making recommendations for ongoing volunteer utilization
- Create monthly and annual reports on volunteer hours, volunteer numbers, and projects
- Highlight volunteer contributions, share to social media and other media channels
- Develops and maintains a volunteer recognition program
- Ensure volunteer applications and data are received and reviewed
- Local travel occasionally to meet with groups and individuals
- Evaluate volunteers as needed
- Collect and document best practices for volunteer management, and make recommendations
- Ability to operate audio-visual equipment, including video projection units and computers.
- Carry out job functions with or without supervision.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum 3 years experience working with volunteers
A BS degree or equivalent preferred
Outdoor recreation or environmental education experience preferred
Additional Qualifications (Agency/Dept. Qualifications):
- Experience driving a SUV or pickup truck is desired. Valid Ohio driver’s license. Driving record must be
- First Aid, CPR & AED certification from American Red Cross, ANSI or American Heart Association.
- Most work is performed in an office setting, but may be required to occasionally work with volunteers in an outdoor park setting.
- Must be able to walk over varying terrain.
- Driving of utility vehicles over rough park trails will be required.
- Must be able to be able to perform basic operational functions of stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, sitting, pulling, pushing, lifting, grasping, talking and hearing.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. in the function of moving objects.
Application Procedures: Submit completed application, resume and cover letter to the Licking County Human Resources Department, 20 South Second Street, 3rd Floor, Newark, Ohio 43055. Applications can be obtained in person in the Human Resources Department between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. daily or printed from the web site at www.lcounty.com.
Successful candidates will be subject to Licking County’s pre-employment drug screen and background check
Licking County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.