- OH-37, Granville South, OH, USA
Licking Park District
Hours: 40 hours (24 weeks)
Salary: $10.00 / hour
This position will assist in maintaining the facilities, equipment, parks and trails within the Licking Park District jurisdiction, keeping the public use areas safe and free from hazards. Performs related work as required.
- Assist in maintenance on all parks, trails, and facilities with in Licking Park District
- Keep public use areas safe and free from hazards
- Demonstrate regular and predictable work attendance with supervisor
- Carry out job functions with or without supervision
- Provide sufficient communication skills to staff and visitors
- Ability to correctly and safely operate power and hand tools, mowing equipment, tractors, and utility vehicles
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to the essential functions of the position and all agency safety procedures.
- Understand and utilize personal and public safety issues on the work site. Report any damage or safety concerns to appropriate personnel
- Remains informed of current developments and procedures pertinent to duties; may be required to attend training
- The use of computers will be required, including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Other duties as required and assigned
High School Diploma/GED required.
Experience in parks, trails, recreation or natural resources preferred.
Experience in operating hand and power tools preferred.
Additional Qualifications (Agency/Dept. Qualifications):
Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license. Driving record must be clean.
The position requires the use of a utility vehicle. Experience is preferred and training is provided.
First Aid, CPR & AED certification from American Red Cross, ANSI or American Heart Association.
Must be able to walk long distances of one or multiple miles over varying terrain.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs. in the function of moving objects.
Must be able to perform basic operational functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, pushing, lifting, grasping, talking and hearing.
Must be able to lift 40 pounds in the function of moving objects.
Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
Must be flexible and able to work irregular hours occasionally, including evenings and weekends.
Application Procedures: Submit completed application, resume and cover letter to the Licking County Human Resources Department, 20 South Second Street, 3rd Floor, Newark, Ohio 43055. Applications can be obtained in person in the Human Resources Department between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. daily or printed from the web site at www.lcounty.com.
Successful candidates will be subject to Licking County’s pre-employment drug screen and background check
Licking County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.