Co-Founder / Head of Engineering
- NA/Flexible, NA/Flexible, NA/Flexible, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Stake House is an early stage food manufacturing startup, focused on creating amazingly delicious whole-cut plant-based meat. We are working on developing novel machinery to manufacture thicker-cut plant-based protein than what is currently available on the market.
We are partnered with Lever Advisers - a venture studio focused on launching alternative protein companies whose director is the managing partner at Lever VC, the largest alt-protein venture capital fund in the world. We have an excellent CEO in place as well as the resources available through our venture studio – fundraising connections, branding/design agencies, formulators, contract-manufacturers, etc.
Candidates will head the machine design process for the prototype manufacturing system. You’ll work directly alongside the CEO to design, prototype, test, and iterate upon the firm’s core manufacturing machinery and will be responsible for coordinating with internal and external resources to deliver this.
This will be the first hire in this function of the company. As our company grows, the Head of Engineering will hire a team and take on additional responsibility. This is a pre-seed-stage company, and early-stage hires will be compensated with significant equity stakes.
- Set and implement the strategy for designing a functional prototype machine. Develop KPIs and timeline.
- Design, simulate, and produce a functional manufacturing machine based on company designs.
- Manage/hire engineering team and consultants/contractors as necessary. Manage the budget for the engineering department.
- Attend and participate in fundraising meetings, representing the engineering side of the business for prospective investors.
- Communicate clearly, frequently and broadly with all cross-functional stakeholders and management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related relevant field
- Fluency with computer-aided design (CAD) and fluid mechanics
- Interest in/enthusiasm for commercializing alternative proteins. The team has a strong focus on ethics and sustainability
- Strong leadership ability and passion for creating/maintaining team-oriented culture.
- 5+ years working in mechanical engineering, ideally with experience successfully designing and manufacturing novel machinery
- Food manufacturing/industry experience
- Master's or PhD level work in mechanical engineering
- Excellent presentation skills. Candidates will need to be comfortable representing the business in fundraising meetings
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.